Multiple Dialogs

Flamesword

Reaction score
I'm working on an RPG that has a class-change system. At regular intervals, I want a dialog box to appear that will give a series of options to the player that will determine what class the hero will change into. I already have the trigger actions in place that will make the change (in theory) and I have all the units that will be changed into.

I know the basics of how to make a dialog box, and I know how to make all of this work (in theory). However, I'm wondering (hoping to God) that there's a way to compress all of this together. Is there some trick to showing the same dialog box to multiple players, perhaps even simultaneously, and have each different result affect only the player who chose it? Or, am I going to have to duplicate all of these triggers six times?

Flamesword

Reaction score
I know they're easy, and I know how to do them. What I want to know is whether I'm going to have to do 60 of them for every class change operation for every player.

Executor

I see you
Reaction score
Well the best way would it be to write it all in JASS, this would shorten your code and increase efficience.

No I think in GUI you have to copy your Trigger this often to make sth. like this possible.
In vJass for ex. you could create a struct "Class" with an array of subClasses and the struct "Class" just contains one function which will generate a dialog and displays it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.