Tutorial Multishot Rundown

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Multishot Tutorial

Barrage

Initially this passive unit ability would allow siege engines to attack up to 9 air targets.
It is used to make a multishot by changing its 'Stats - Targets Allowed' from 'Air, Enemy' to 'Enemy'.
You can also make at only attack ground enemies by changing the 'Stats - Targets Allowed' to 'Enemy, Ground'.

The below is taken from this thread, done by Chocobo.
Anything after a ~ was added by me.
The 'Normal Tanks' gets the Chaos ability to get into a Siege Engine (Barrage) (Under Human > Melee > Special).
It also changes the unit that is spawned in Factories (not same icon).

Values required:

Damage per Target: Damage bonus of the ability, added to normal damage of the unit, and must be at least 1
Maximum Number of Targets: Amount of targets ~ This is not plus your units # of attacks, it is how many attacks are done.
Maximum Total Damage: Damage Dealt < Total Damage = Damage dealt should be lower than the total damage, it limits the maximal damage dealt (look in barrage ability, 25.00 damage per target - 630.00 max damage) ~ Since Barrage's damage is added to your attack and if you have lets say 620 dmg and barrage has a +20 bonus, it will only add 10. I suggest you set this to 99999.
Area of Effect: Units are acquired if they are inside the area of effect. ~ Basically set this to your units range.
Cooldown: Cooldown of the ability ~ Make sure this = the 'Cooldown Time' of your unit.
Missile Art: Choose an art effect. Overrides the normal effect, and can be multiple. ~ By giving this field multiple arts, it will pick one at random each individual missile.
~Techtree - Requirements: Remove everything from this field unless you are activating this ability through an upgrade, in that case change 'Barrage' to your upgrade.
~Art - Missile Speed: Make sure this is the same as your units missile speed.
~Stats - Hero Ability: Check this to turn the spell into a hero ability.

~Note: I have found that unless your unit's 'Weapon Type' is set to Missile, it will not hit more then 1 target.

Moon Glaive - Can't Be Unlearned

Sometimes used as a replacement for Multishot, the ability itself does nothing.
For it to be used, a upgrade needs to be researched which gives all units with the spell a bounce attack that hits one extra unit nearby the first.

Things you can edit: (In the upgrade)
Data - Effect 1: Should be set to 'Attack Target Count Bonus'. This is what adds the bounce attack.
Data - Effect 1 - Attack Target Count Bonus - Base: This is the initial bonus attack, how many bounces it gets.
Data - Effect 1 - Attack Target Count Bonus - Increment: If the upgrade has multiple levels, this is how many more bounces the unit gets.
Stats - Levels: This is how many levels the upgrade has.
Stats - Time, Gold, Lumber Base: How long/How Much Gold/How Much Lumber the upgrade takes at level one.
Stats - Time, Gold, Lumber Increment: How Much Longer/How Much More Gold/How Much More Lumber the upgrade takes for each, next level.
Stats - Transfer with Unit Ownership: Basically if this unit is taken over by someone else, it will retain this upgrade. | This is a boolean, a true or false.

Storm Hammer - Can't Be Unlearned

Exactly like Moon Glaive except it gives splash instead of bounce.

Things you can edit: (In the upgrade)
Data - Effect 1: Should be set to 'Attack Spill Distance Bonus'. This gives the splash.
Data - Effect 1 - Attack Spill Distance Bonus - Base: How much splash is initially given.
Data - Effect 1 - Attack Spill Distance Bonus - Increment: How much more splash is given each level.
Stats - Levels: This is how many levels the upgrade has.
Stats - Time, Gold, Lumber Base: How long/How Much Gold/How Much Lumber the upgrade takes at level one.
Stats - Time, Gold, Lumber Increment: How Much Longer/How Much More Gold/How Much More Lumber the upgrade takes for each, next level.
Stats - Transfer with Unit Ownership: Basically if this unit is taken over by someone else, it will retain this upgrade.

Note: Giving the unit the upgrade directly does not work, at least that is what I gathered after doing some tests. This applies to Storm Hammer and Moon Glaive.

Credits
Chocobo
Dwenbasden

Original Multishot Tutorial by Ryoko

Prometheus

Reaction score
Yea, totally forgot about that, gona have it moved.
Mind commenting on it though?

robinremue

Reaction score
Seems handy, as multishot is a popular ability :p

just wondering, can you combine the three different types you summarised (without triggers I mean :))? A multishot glaive that does splash? :p

Prometheus

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can do a Glave/Splash since they both work off an upgrade.
Stick 'Attack Spill Distance Bonus' as the 'Data - Effect 2' or visa-versa.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Well, its in the submission tutorials sub-forum now. :D lol

This looks nice and neatly prepared. This question has been asked before many times so I think this would come really handy, especially because it is up-to-date and it isn't old or anything.

In fact, I actually learned a lot from this tutorial that I didn't actually realize or think of doing. Good job! +rep if I can, but I highly doubt it because I think I repped you real recently for your spells. :D

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Maximum Total Damage : Damage Dealt < Total damage ~ This isn't clear but I think it means how much damage you can do to a single unit.

Noez, maybe not clear as you said.

Damage Dealt < Total Damage = Damage dealt should be lower than the total damage, it limits the maximal damage dealt (look in barrage ability, 25.00 damage per target - 630.00 max damage).

Prometheus

Reaction score
Oh, I get it now!
Since Barrage's damage is added to your attack and if you have lets say 620 dmg and barrage has a +20 bonus, it will only add 10.
Thanks Chocobo!

R

Ricky

Hi

Hi~Ricky

Nice tutorial, It will help to stop the flooding but there is a tutorial on multishot in Editor Advanced section in Home. But it doesnt cover splash and bounce multishot so it could supply information that other cant.:D

Prometheus

Reaction score
I made this because I found the other to not give nearly enough information, does that one tell you that your unit needs an attack of 'Missile' for multishot to work?

R

Ricky

Hi

Hi~Ricky

Hi. First off, I don't think it says that but its version for multishot works fine. Anyway if i quote from another of my posts:

so it could supply information that other cant.

So i have said that your has more information when i said that there is another one on this tutorial type, I was half telling people who didn't know and half comparing yours to it. If i were to pick a winner i think i would chose yours.:D

Prometheus

Reaction score
I think I'm going to link Ryoko's Multishot.
I wonder how tutorials are graded =/

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
I think I'm going to link Ryoko's Multishot.
I wonder how tutorials are graded =/

No idea.

kc102 said:
~ Since Barrage's damage is added to your attack and if you have lets say 620 dmg and barrage has a +20 bonus, it will only add 10. I suggest you set this to 99999.

yeep

kc102 said:
~ By giving this field multiple arts, it will pick one at random each individual missile.

==

Chocobo said:
And also, a hidden secret is inside this ability. Giving this ability multiple missile arts is very nice. Whenever the unit attacks with this ability, it will select a random art inside the list, and use it! And, it is for every attack!

?

Btw, if you are going to talk in the tutorial with the Barrage Upgrade, write that the "normal tanks" gets the Chaos ability to get into a Siege Engine (Barrage) (Under Human>Special).
And also it changes the unit that is spawned in Factories (not same icon).

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Ah ha!

Awesome homie, this is just what I was looking for.

The official site's tutorial on multishot leaves out one key facotr: that attack type has to be set to missle for it to work. I've been trying to figure this out for a while now, and your tutorial has finally solved my problem. Thanks bud!

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Could you please structure and tidy up the "Barrage" section of the tutorial?
It looks rather messy the way it is atm.

You should underline and convert text into italic to make it neater.
For example:

Values required:
-Leave a line here
Damage per Target: Damage bonus of the ability, added to normal damage of the unit, and must be at least 1
Maximum Number of Targets: Amount of targets ~ This is not plus your units # of attacks, it is how many attacks are done.

Compare that ^ to this:

Values required:
Damage per Target : Damage bonus of the ability, added to normal damage of the unit, and must be at least 1
Maximum Number of Targets : Amount of targets ~ This is not plus your units # of attacks, it is how many attacks are done.

_____

A few pics would never hurt either :)

Prometheus

Reaction score
I really don't feel the pictures are THAT needed but I will improve the look.

Edit: Done Tinki

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.