My N501 almost blew up yesterday

K3V

NUON-Dome Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I was home yesterday and heard a pop come from my game room - I went in and could smell the pugnant odor of burnt electronics. Not good. I had to go so I unplugged everything in the room and checked around when I got home.

I followed my nose to the N501 which was clearly the culprit. It won't power on or anything, so I opened it up to see what the problem was - I found inside a blown resistor (I believe), along with a scorched lid to the player. I do have a second N501 so not a big deal but still pretty crazy. Any electronics wizards around here up for fixing it?

T

T2KFreeker

So I was home yesterday and heard a pop come from my game room - I went in and could smell the pugnant odor of burnt electronics. Not good. I had to go so I unplugged everything in the room and checked around when I got home.

I followed my nose to the N501 which was clearly the culprit. It won't power on or anything, so I opened it up to see what the problem was - I found inside a blown resistor (I believe), along with a scorched lid to the player. I do have a second N501 so not a big deal but still pretty crazy. Any electronics wizards around here up for fixing it?

I could give it a shot man. Are you wanting this thing back or are you just trying to get rid of it? Either way I can take a look at it and try and get that resistor repkaced. Let me know fi you want me to take a look man.

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
If it's just that single component, and the board wasn't damaged as well, then it should be pretty easy to replace. Be sure to note what value of resistor was there by looking for the corresponding one in your other 501.

T

T2KFreeker

If it's just that single component, and the board wasn't damaged as well, then it should be pretty easy to replace. Be sure to note what value of resistor was there by looking for the corresponding one in your other 501.

That's what I am saying. Depends entirely if there was board damage though!:eek: I still want a crack at her!

T

T2KFreeker

Hmm, K3V, you figure out what the deal here is by chance? Not trying to be pushy or anything, just asking.

T

T2KFreeker

Damn, I need another drive again. The DVD player I bought a little while back I guess that it was on it's way out too and the thing won't read the Nuon discs now but will read CD's. There you go.:banghead:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.