My next book.

A

Akolyte

I'm reading dune at the moment. I really like it, but I'm almost done. Should I move on the the sequel, or are there any books you would suggest I get instead (I'm a fan of science fiction, fiction (fantasy), and macabre, but preferably, science fiction. But ill read anything).

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
The Ender Series.
(Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow, Shadow of the Hegamon).
Mind blowingly great.

A

Akolyte

The Ender Series.
(Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow, Shadow of the Hegamon).
Mind blowingly great.

That could work, I suppose, but I've read ender's game a few years ago, and I'd like to read something entirely new. Let me also say, I'm not opposed to reading books based on games. I've read a few warhammer 40k books.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Terry Goodkind the Sword in Truth series like the first 3 or 4 books only. (fantasy)

I also enjoyed Orson Scott Caro's Homecoming Earth and Homecoming Harmony but those are pretty old. (SF)

Book 1 in the Wheel of Time by Jordan was good. (Fantasy)

CJ Cherryh Invader, Foreigner, and Inheritor Series was different but I liked it (SF)

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
Personally I don't like the sexually orianted part of Ender's series, its also very bloody and my suggestion is Eragon by Christofer Paolini (Fantasy) or Faerie Wars (forgot who it was by but its a fantasy)

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
My two personal favorite book series.

Legend of Drizzt/Dark Elf Trilogy -RA Salvatore (fire fox even spell checked his name, that gotta count for something see as it wont spell check u and have no I'm for im)

Absolutely amazing series there is lots of books in there series. it follows a Dark Elf named Drizzt as he starts off in the dark elf city and throughout the books he meets new friends and goes different places. Its all based off DnD, so he goes up to Icewind Dale, there are goblins, magic.

I'm only on book 4 sadly, and i only got the first 10 of them. Its great if you likes all the different races not just humans and you don't want to follow a wizard in a book with magic but a warrior instead.

My second favorite is the Kings Blades by Dave Duncan.

It only has six books out and i have read them all. They all have a new main character but they all have one thing in common - they all get bound to serve the king, to there death.

The books are interesting. It is medieval fantasy and it does have magic. But not some much the fireballs and things like that. The Blades are a group of orphans brought in at the age or 12 or 13, cant remember which. They train to become elite warriors and then they preform a ritual (wont spoil it) which bounds them to the king forever. If the ritual is done by someone other then the king, the person is bound to both the person and the king.

Again, it has more to do with warriors then magic in a world of magic. All the books mesh together so they can be read in any order. So, if you read book 5, then one, you wouldn't be lost. I still advise going in order, but you don't half too.

Oh, and don't expect constant fighting in the kings blades. It isn't all about that. They like to develop plot and really draw you into there time.

A

Akolyte

Terry Goodkind the Sword in Truth series like the first 3 or 4 books only. (fantasy)

I also enjoyed Orson Scott Caro's Homecoming Earth and Homecoming Harmony but those are pretty old. (SF)

Book 1 in the Wheel of Time by Jordan was good. (Fantasy)

CJ Cherryh Invader, Foreigner, and Inheritor Series was different but I liked it (SF)

I've got a friend who enjoys the works of Robert Jordan. Shame he *might* die. I might check that out.

Personally I don't like the sexually orianted part of Ender's series, its also very bloody and my suggestion is Eragon by Christofer Paolini (Fantasy) or Faerie Wars (forgot who it was by but its a fantasy)

I'm a fan of macabre, so gore is no big deal for me.

I'll also check out those books you suggested, pineapple, but I didn't want to quote your whole post to say so. Thanks everyone!

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
Oh ya Wheel of Time first and also kinda first 3 are good, but I read the first ten and I just couldn't get threw the twelth. FINISH the BOOK will you.
Also I've read Eragon 13 times, its good, but there are many better.
Warcraft war of the Ancients
1 The Well of Eternity
2 The Demon Soul
3 The Sundering
are really great, and also Day of the Dragon is great too.
Pine, go to www.museumreplicas.com and if you have 275 dollars and really love that book then you could buy the sword Icingdeath or Twinkle, Its pretty awesome. Just type in Icingdeath or Twinkle into the search thing. They also have the Heron Mark Sword which is pretty ownage too.

Where was the sexual orentiaton in Ender's series (well, atleast enders game or shadow?) And it really isn't that violent, atleast not the first two. Are the others?
And about Remembrance/Labrinthine I'm still working on the second chapter but I have a lot of books I need to read for the story (Military, History of a main character) and I feel like I need to finish those before I keep going, so it might be a bit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.