Arena My yet-unnamed Hero Arena

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Include some screenshots - The most people sadly just skips the thread if it is just a wall of text with no pictures - you have to make at exsiteing to look at;)

Will test when i get home.

TheAbyss

Reaction score
Sorry for late reply.
@Whoareyou. It's not quite a player storage, I already have that. What I was talking about in that post is a simple shop that players can put their hard-earned items in so that other players can buy them. Prices are customisable, so you can earn much more profit than you normally would for selling to a regular shop. I've finished it now, but it's usless unless it's multiplayer.

@CrazedPsycho Really? Cool. You play in private games though, right? Reason is, I don't REALLY want the map to spread too far until its done. I don't mind if you didn't know though, because the map I posted is protected.

@X-maul wow, that's... actually pretty sad. I'll try to add screenshots soon, but it's not really exciting to look at (because the terraining fails), but I suppose that could help.

In any case, I'm going to go update the map right now (provided my uploading is working.)

X-maul

Reaction score
I'll suggest you to upload your map into the thread, instead of a link.

For the map
- You map lacks information, I was sitting in the start and waiting for something to happen, untill i finaly realized that i was surposed to write -game ##

- BALANCING!!
I had no idea of where to start, so I took off to the sea thing, and got instantly killed - for instance you could inform people of where to go, their level?

Or make level requirements, I did only test the lich - but he got anihilated big time /:

- And if you need terrainer, you are just to say - lots of people are interested in helping with such things, including me ;)

TheAbyss

Reaction score
thank you for the suggestions!
Unfortunately my upload doesn't work with all sites, and that includes TheHelper. It works wonders with sendspace though, uploaded the map in 2 seconds.
-Yeah, I really should get to messages and stuff soon. Think I'll do that next.

-That's problably a good idea, but for reference untill I do, Dirt should be your first area, it's the easiest area, but the computers are set to automatically go there. Beach is about the same difficulty only with a boss and deep water, you should only really go there if your amphibious. The Lake, which is where I think you went, is problably the hardest area. Level suggestions are a good idea though. As for hero balancing, I completely agree, some heroes, like the Lich, just aren't suited for this kind of thing whereas my custom hero Ninja is just ridiculous. I'm thinking in a later version I might make a "True Ulti," an ability learned at level 50 that is strong enough to stand up to other heroes that late in the game (I've already thought of a few, like Ultima for my secret hero (I think it's pretty obvious what he is ;))).

-Personally I think that the terrain is fine for this version but I'll reterrain it if I decide to make a later version. I'll problably change it to a more traditional arena terrain. The main issue right now is that most ranged creeps + heroes can just attack people on the other side. I will problably also make much stronger creeps that can stand up to late-game heroes, especially if I actually do the True Ultis.

X-maul

Reaction score
Oh, i noticed another thing; you are not able to move around in the sea terrain - make it swallow water, or make heroes able to swim, or well just do something to fix it ;)

TheAbyss

Reaction score
I noticed that too, so I made it so you can only spawn on the little island at the top left of the Lake. That'll come with the next map update.

Oh and by the way, anyone who wants to take a guess at what my secret hero is is welcome to do so, although I think it's kinda obvious ;).

TheAbyss

Reaction score
Me again.

Right now I'm working on my secret hero's ulti, Flare, but I'm COMPLETELY stuck. I've arranged it in a few different ways, but it never works. It SHOULD work, but it stops working halfway through the trigger. I've rearranged the order that the actions are in, and then some parts start working and others stop. Should I go post it in the general help section? I have all of the parts made, but I just can't get the trigger to work. Also, since the hero I made is totally reliant on spells, I boosted the damage by 1.5 times. I'll just up the cooldown and cost later, and update the original post with the new damages.

TheAbyss

Reaction score
My computer fails :(. It won't let me post big messages. It just goes to a blank screen and says "Done".

TheAbyss

Reaction score
I'm really close to finalizing the official first version. Might as well make a to-do list...
-Finish Secret Ulti
-Derig Ninja Ulti
-Remove Test Triggers
-Add Info to F9 Menu
-Increase Hero Bounty
-And, oh yes, come up with a name -_-

That's all I can think of right now,although I might be forgetting something.

X-maul

Reaction score
I'm really close to finalizing the official first version. Might as well make a to-do list...
-Finish Secret Ulti
-Derig Ninja Ulti
-Remove Test Triggers
-Add Info to F9 Menu
-Increase Hero Bounty
-And, oh yes, come up with a name -_-

That's all I can think of right now,although I might be forgetting something.
you might need to focus more on the actual heroes, instead of addind secret heroes (in the start)

TheAbyss

Reaction score
My secret hero is completely done except for his ulti. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how I can make it. At this point, I'm considering just taking a normal spell for it...

Anyways, I've been having trouble concentrating, so I'll focus on other things for now. I really do need an ulti for him before I finalize this. I'll get on the list right now.

X-maul

Reaction score
Secret heroes are not far as important then the actual heroes in the game (And I've always hated secret heroes)

never the less - If you need help with a spell, just post it here on the forum and we will see what we can do to help you :)

TheAbyss

Reaction score
I mostly just made the secret hero for fun, and I figured I might as well finish him after all that work on his main abilities.

Also...
My computer fails . It won't let me post big messages. It just goes to a blank screen and says "Done".
That's why I haven't posted it. It's pretty big.

Oh yeah, and I've derigged Ninja's ulti and raised the bounty. I have a custom bounty system that looks a lot like the regular one (my friend couldn't tell the difference). It gives 25 gold x the killed hero's level.

In any case, my top priority right now is to come up with a name, because it's almost done right now, and I could pretty much release it once I have one. I'll wait till I've sorted out some bugs and finished my Secret Ulti though.

TheAbyss

Reaction score
Added a multiboard that keeps track of kills and levels. Removed -levelcheck command because it's obsolete now.
All that's really left now is:
-Secret Ulti
-Info to F9
-add delay to -return command.
-Remove a trigger I no longer need.
-NAME!!!

Alright!
For the secret ulti, since I can't figure it out myself and nobody can help me without more information (which I can't provide because my computer won't post large messages,) I think I'll just make it a huge damage Flame Strike. I'm a little reluctant to do so, because he kinda already has a Flame Strike spell, but that's not so bad because that's only 1 of his 18 spells (I should explain... His 3 abilities are all spellbooks that gain a new spell with every level... seems unfair, but some spells are worthless, older spells don't get stronger with levels, and his regular attack's damage and attack speed are pathetic... some of the non-secret heroes are better. He's great early-game but fails late-game)

The next three parts are very easy.

I STILL can't come up with a name... Level Arena sounds boring, but I don't have many options. Abyssal Arena sounds a lot better, but there are acronym problems (Angel Arena). Doesn't matter TOO much though. Guess I'll call it that if I can't come up with anything else. Bah... Any ideas?

If you can think of anything else that I need to fix, let me know.

TheAbyss

Reaction score
...and I'm done! Here's the end result (will put it up on the main post soon.) Let me know if you spot anything wrong with it. By the way, I was hoping on premiering it myself if my hosting still works. I was going to play it with my buddy who helped me with a lot of the game. Also, it now goes by the name of Abyssal Arena. Enjoy!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/276o3v

TheAbyss

Reaction score
I... really should have beta tested it first... there are a few huge mistakes I need to fix. For example, theres an item in the main area that you can sell for 10k. Oops. Fixed map coming soon.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.