NAZI Zombies!

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
FPS's in Warcraft aren't the best idea. I mean, if you can find a way to make it work well, great, but I had the same kind of plan a while ago, where I was going to make this awesome apocalypse campaign based off STALKER, and I'm still making it, and I really wanted to do it in first person and ignored everyone else, and a much better system is a behind-the-back TPS like Gears of War. I mean, not exactly the same, but that concept just plays way better because the FPS (I think I was basing mine off Tricky's as well) isn't very much fun to control.

But I really don't care what you do.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
FPS's in Warcraft aren't the best idea. I mean, if you can find a way to make it work well, great, but I had the same kind of plan a while ago, where I was going to make this awesome apocalypse campaign based off STALKER, and I'm still making it, and I really wanted to do it in first person and ignored everyone else, and a much better system is a behind-the-back TPS like Gears of War. I mean, not exactly the same, but that concept just plays way better because the FPS (I think I was basing mine off Tricky's as well) isn't very much fun to control.

But I really don't care what you do.

Yes, I agree with with you completely, a FPS just isn't "fun" in Wc3, and I realized that all too late after making an actual FPS. But, a TPS, while still difficult to learn at first, is somewhat easier to play with in game and possibly even... fun. ;0

Heres kind of an example of what you might want to go for if you definitely have to have some kind of FPS/TPS view. Video is really bad quality, so its hard to see the cross hair or even the bullet tracers going where you shot at.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V_ZlRCbaP10&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V_ZlRCbaP10&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Tricky beat me to it I guess. TPS's also aren't the most fun just because the controls can become really annoying, but if you get it down right then it could be really fun. I've been working on a TPS system for a long time, trying to get one that works great, because I want to make it so that the entire game can be controlled using the keyboard. I want to make it so that you can aim up and down as well but I don't think it's possible, so I might try and work on some kind of autotargeting system so I can have air vehicles (you hit a key and lock onto something maybe). It's not a lot of fun.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
alright, new version.
thanks to Tyrande_ma3x for helping me out with the repair barrier trigger

Capndrs

Reaction score
Sorry I've been away. Homework and "realtionship" things. Haha. I'm back for a bit. Thanks for edited map Brutal- as always.

Capndrs

Reaction score
UGH!
How does newgen work. I used Winzip to open it up,
and it worked fine on the map you provided, but it won't read my map at all =(.
How does newgen work ugh!

Capndrs

Reaction score
Idk, i try to run it and it says crap like. "Expected end of line" etc.

and cod, feel free to make your own. I'm mostly working on the mechanics of it, and using all the information to create the map. I'm hoping it will be kick-ass, but again, it can only be as good as I can make it. Which god, better be amazing!

_whelp

Reaction score
(Useless if ignored...)

Did you extract the contents of the .zip file?

What OS are you running?

Does your map have any code errors?

Capndrs

Reaction score
Idk. The newgen I got was just a file with the extension of 7z, so i installed winzip. It changed and when clicked it said i could open it with we.

It shouldn't cuz it works with the original map. I only efited raw dada.

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
That'd be awesome,

'Verruckt' map...

I've some crappy versions of CoD WaW : Nazi Zombies on b.net , they suck so much.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.