Need feedback on an idea

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Hey so I have a multiplayer map idea that I want some feedback on.

In the rural farmland of the planet Agria, a fleet of Protoss invaders has been abducting the locals. Compete with your Protoss brethren to abduct as many civilians and lay waste to as many of the colonists defenders as possible.

Essentially, each player controls a modified mothership with unique abilities, the main ability being abduct. You must abduct critters and colonists for points. The colonial militia will try to stop you, and while they can't be abducted, they can be destroyed for bonus points. Players will be able to collect power ups to thwart their competitors ships, although you will not be able to attack another player's ship directly.

Power ups may include, but are not limited to:
-Vortex
-Plasma torpedoes (single target, multiple missile attack)
-Void Prism
-Planet cracker (useful against militia)

Some of the base abilities I have so far are, but not limited to:
-Abduct: abducts a colonist or critter for points
-Blink: short ranged teleportation
-Guardian shield: reduce ranged damage for a limited time

What are your thoughts on this idea? Good, bad, needs refinement? What other gameplay suggestions do you have? What other abilities should there be? Another other thoughts?

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Sounds like an interesting idea. How do you plan on setting the victory conditions? Will it be most points / people abducted within a set duration or first to reach a particluar amount of points? Will it offer team play? I would also recommend that the militia sould get stronger over time, and possibly resettle abandoned encampments.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
I planned on having the players vote on either a timed match or to play until a point limit is reached. You get the most points for abduction, and abducting a critter is less points than abducting a colonist. I also planned on having the militia become stronger as the game progresses, starting with marines and eventually getting vikings, battlecruisers and nukes. Of course all unit stats will be modified to be appropriate. I hadn't considered team play, but that could be interesting.

Any other thoughts?

eXirrah

Reaction score
That map will kick ass. I think you should start making it and the ideas will come along
the way.

I believe difficulty levels should be included for more experienced players like - the higher the difficulty
the less points should be awarded for abduction or kill, and/or the mothership should have less HP.
In a single word - handicap.

Another idea: abducting people may award you with research points. I mean ..... why abducting people
if not conducting experiments to understand them better. The research points will give you the opportunity
to research more effective weapons against the defenders.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
I like the idea of the research points, good idea. Perhaps I'll award points for kills and research for abductions.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.