[Need Help] Having problem with heroes' descriptions

Reaction score
I'm having problem with heroes descriptions which doesn't show when the mouse was hovered to the heroes portrait. Here's what I'm talking about:

1. The description on unit when they still in Barracks WC3ScrnShot_121113_183856_03.png
2. The unit's descriptions are still be shown after they were trained WC3ScrnShot_121113_183844_01.png
3. The heroes' descriptions were shown in the altar before the heroes were trained WC3ScrnShot_121113_183926_04.png
4. The heroes' description doesn't shown when the hero has been trained WC3ScrnShot_121113_183850_02.png

Can anybody help me how to shows the heroes descriptions after the heroes had been trained, like the unit's descriptions had...?

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I am fairly sure you can't change the description on heroes.

I take you've already tried changing the "Tooltip - Extended" and know that it won't change an already trained hero.

Reaction score
I am fairly sure you can't change the description on heroes.

I take you've already tried changing the "Tooltip - Extended" and know that it won't change an already trained hero.

Yes, I also already tried to change the Unit-Description part, but still no good...:(
Anyone has any other idea...?

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Now looky here.

You can go to "Advanced -> Game Interface" and find the line I have outlined in the picture. The one with all the 5s.

Now this will change the hero description just as you wanted.
For a Paladin it could say something like:
-------------------------|
Manadar the Healer |
|
5555555555555 1 |
-------------------------|

The "1" is the level of the hero and I did not find the line that controls that, but I might have overlooked it somewhere.

Anyway. This method comes with some severe drawbacks.
1. IF you change this line the hero description in the playing field will change as well. Let's say you change the line to "A faithful warrior of light".
When you mouse over the icon in the unit index it will show the above written text, however when you highlight the unit on the playing field it will show the exact same thing. This is because the line you change is where it would normally say "Level" which apparently controls the text both places.

2. IF you change this line it will be the same for ALL heroes. So unless you have only ONE hero it will be useless to change it. Or if you just write something general that all heroes use (like the normal "Level").

Attachments

• Hero Description.jpg
    Hero Description.jpg
    479.7 KB · Views: 196
Reaction score
Now looky here.

So, actually there's no way that I can customized it to make it different to each heroes...
Hmm, sounds really frustrated, because this is the first thing that I really like to customize since I know WC3...

Edit: But thanks for the reply, I guess it will come in handy for some maps...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.