need help with hero siege triggers

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
(something) Hero Siege

So im interested in making a hero siege map and i am in need of some help of making it.
first off any map name suggestions

Multiboard

what do you recommend to add to the muiltiboard so far i have
-players hero icon
-players gold
-players kills
-players lives left (yes after u die x amount of times its game over for you)

Difficulty

what do i have to do to set up difficulty levels.
what other than making the spawned units stronger/weaker for the difficulty would be good to add.
i have easy/normal/hard/very hard/impossible difficultys

Spawning

where to find a spawning system(if there are any ill create my own if needed) that spawns x amount of units witch also will depend on how many players are playing i have 2 lanes.

Special EVents

What are some good Special events to have to keep the game interesting other than just watching your hero smash away at the enermy

Multiboard

what is a good way to balance the map considering when u first create a map with no changes 3 footmen are very hard for a hero to kill. also balancing the difficultys.

Other

Also would it be possible to add a system that displays the damage that heros do and only the player owned hero's.
-what it a good way to balance the map

There may be more to add but not for now​

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> what do i do to make the units easy and so on.

Use an upgrade, probably. Make all the units have some upgrade that has 5 levels or so, and just set the level of the upgrade to whatever difficulty you have.

> unit spawning system to use like if only 4/8 players are playin

More details may be necessary, but there is a trigger to check if a player happens to be playing or not.

> will units with spells automaticly cast them?

Generally, no. If you are running an AI and it has control of units, then it may use some carefully placed spells here and there, but I would not trust it.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
> will units with spells automaticly cast them?
Depends on the spell you based it from, the defualt AI for example will cast the warstomp spell if there are several enemy units around it.

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
were im talkin about the amount of players i mean like

if for 8/8 players x amount of units are spawned then 1-7/8 players the x amount of spawned units are less

about the spells so if i want them to cast the spells i need to trigger them?
so like if unit is attked.....unit = my unit.......cast spell on atking unit
then what will i have to do to e.g the spell is somthin like frost armour or heal or somthin for allies

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Frost armor and heal are autocast spells, so probably there is a high chance that they would use it.

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
what about none auto cast spells what will i have to do to make them cast it

madd_999

Reaction score
if they use the spells just as computer controlled hero's do.. then they will use them.. but I do know for certain.

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
yer um i dont need any more help with the spells...
any ways that wouldent work because there is no computer controlled heros because if AI was on the spawned units wouldent move by adding the trigger
unit- order unit to atack move to x

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.