Need help with trigger fast!

0llas

Reaction score
Hey guys! Got a little problem on my "Escape/Maze". If you have played a maze or escape b4 u would know that in some parts of the map u have to collect keys to get through gates. Well, I need help with a trigger that will move the keys to the spot where u took 'em. I have a trigger that works but it takes ages to get it right... Already done it on my last map and I don't wanna do it again.
It looks like this:
Trigger:
  • Klot1 Red
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Demon Hunter
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item carried by Demon Hunter 0012 <gen> of type Brinande klot) Equal to Brinande klot 0121 <gen>
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Klot666 = True
          • Trigger - Turn on Klot1 Flytta <gen>
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
    • Klot1 Flytta
      • Events
        • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • If (Klot666 Equal to True) then do (Item - Move Brinande klot 0121 <gen> to (Center of Klot 1 Copy <gen>)) else do (Do nothing)
    • Klot1 Flytta 2 Red
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Dies
      • Conditions
        • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Demon Hunter
      • Actions
        • If ((Item carried by Demon Hunter 0012 <gen> of type Brinande klot) Equal to Brinande klot 0121 <gen>) then do (Item - Move Brinande klot 0121 <gen> to (Position of Demon Hunter 0012 <gen>)) else do (Do nothing)
    • And I have to do that for every single Hero... My other solution is this:
    • Orbs
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Dies
      • Conditions
        • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
          • Conditions
            • (Item carried by (Dying unit) of type Burning Orb) Equal to Burning Orb 0022 <gen>
            • (Item carried by (Dying unit) of type Burning Orb) Equal to Burning Orb 0023 <gen>
            • (Item carried by (Dying unit) of type Burning Orb) Equal to Burning Orb 0024 <gen>
            • (Item carried by (Dying unit) of type Burning Orb) Equal to Burning Orb 0025 <gen>
      • Actions
        • If ((Item carried by (Dying unit) of type Burning Orb) Equal to Burning Orb 0022 <gen>) then do (Item - Move Burning Orb 0022 <gen> to (Center of Key Copy <gen>)) else do (Do nothing)
        • If ((Item carried by (Dying unit) of type Burning Orb) Equal to Burning Orb 0023 <gen>) then do (Item - Move Burning Orb 0023 <gen> to (Center of Key Copy 2 <gen>)) else do (Do nothing)
        • If ((Item carried by (Dying unit) of type Burning Orb) Equal to Burning Orb 0024 <gen>) then do (Item - Move Burning Orb 0024 <gen> to (Center of Key Copy 3 <gen>)) else do (Do nothing)
        • If ((Item carried by (Dying unit) of type Burning Orb) Equal to Burning Orb 0025 <gen>) then do (Item - Move Burning Orb 0025 <gen> to (Center of Key <gen>)) else do (Do nothing)

But it only works sometimes... When you only have one item in the inventory it works but when you get 2 or more it doesen't work... Please help me!

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Violation of rule 4. B... and a newcomer? Did you read the rules?

DO NOT POST 2 THREADS WITH THE SAME PROBLEM! USE THE BLOODY EDIT BUTTON!

For further information:
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/66660-World-Editor-Help-Forum-Rules-And-Guidelines

AND

Are you seriously that stupid? How will someone be-able to read a trigger and post an answer to your trigger in 1 minute?

WAIT FOR AN ANSWER!

And READ THE RULES?

And you're violating Rule 4. A. Don't flame at a person or call him stupid. Just explain in a calm manner. Why the flame?

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
That response was highly unnecessary and much more inappropriate than a simple double posting.

If he is a new user, and does not know the rules kindly refer them. Do not insult or try demotivate them in any way.

We are decent people here.

edit: to answer your question, your triggers aren't very efficient. Try to avoid periodics running too often like in this event:
Trigger:
  • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time

Use minimum of 0.03, but even so for this kindof situation you wouldn't need it more often than every 0.5 seconds.

An alternative simpler solution would be to just have unique keys, different items, which when the carrier dies just remove the item and create one at the spawn location of the "dropped" key.

Otherwise explain more in detail how you want it adjusted please

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.