Need ideas

Mr Joke

Reaction score
Well I'm making a map where you have a small lab containing all these scientific and magical machines. I currently have a portal machine and I'm thinking of a machine where you can combine your robots and magical creatures.

What I need is some creative minds to give me ideas for my interacitve lab.

Thank you in advance.

Mr Joke

Reaction score
For example a potion maker - insert the needed components and make your own potions.

Maybe some kind of machine that combines science and magic. Also items you can customize like the portal machine. You can choose to learn dark magic and only teleport to abyssal lanes or something. :D

I hope you understand.

TBear

Reaction score
Perhaps an Orb Creator? You would have to bring an Empty Orb (Item) and a element of some kind. For instance, if you bring the orb and a Fire Element (Item) you could have a Fire Orb (Item), which gives the bearer the ability to summon Lava Spawns. Of course, you can also add other elements to your map. If you want even more excitement for your idea, add some rare elements too (e.g. Shadow, Dark, Holy..), which gives you ulti-like abilities. You'll figure something out :) Good luck with your map!

Edit: Also, by tweaking Undead's Sacrificial Pit, I'm pretty sure you'll come up with another great building!

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
I meant whether I should think of items or of buildings or of units.

Anyway, there could be this little robot that turns into different robots. There will be several items called "Microchips" and depending on which one you give it, the robot will (via triggers) become another robot with the chip and will do other things.

The trigger will basically replace the little robot with another robot depending on the specific microchip you have given it and will give the new unit the microchip.

Also, there is this item in my Cressus map "Magical Jar of Cookies" - based on the Heart of Azhune, it is a magical jar of cookies that fills itself up every time it's emptied (just thinking about it makes me hungry :D )

You could have batteries of some sort.

Also, there could be items that represent the chemical elements from the table. When you mix them in a given proportion (i.e. give them to a special unit that does nothing and only has the ability "Inventory (Hero)," triggers will "make a chemical reaction happen" and you will have a compound. The triggers will be something like the item-merger triggers from DotA. The special unit will be called "Beaker of Doom" and will have a custom skin that looks like a beaker.

In fact, the laboratory equipment will be just dummy units that store items (chemical elements). The gear can include some sort of "Bunsen Burner + Beaker" container that has the abilities "turn on" and "turn off" respectively, which (through triggers) open additional options on mixing elements. A nice touch to that would be to create a custom destructible whose model file is "Fire" or "Fire Gust" (from the cinematic doodads) that will represent the flames.

Different elements (if you have payed attention in Chemistry class) can have different curious effects on the scientist (hero who manipulates them). For example, if you have Uranium, Plutonium or another radioactive element, the scientist will get a buff called "Radiation Sickness," which will drain hit points. You may also drain hit points if he's working on some toxic element or whatever.

You could also have a clockwork robot. Triggers will make sure that it only moves if you wind it. In other words, triggers will unpause it for a specific duration of time when you use its ability "Wind Robot" (which will do nothing directly) for, say, 10 times. That is, 10 clicks will represent 10 twists of your wrist as you wind the spring of a toy IRL. :)

A remote-controlled helicopter could be made to move via a remote control. What this means is that the hero will go next to a unit called "Remote control" and the unit will have 4 abilities: "Faster," "Slower," "Left," "Right," and perhaps "Up" and "Down" if its flying altitude can be changed through triggers. When you use one of these abilities (when you click the button), triggers will make the little remote-controlled chopper change its direction in whatever way you commanded it. If I were you, I'd not put any hotkeys, because it just feels more old-school to have to click on the buttons IMHO ;).

It could have an inventory. The inventory will be used for carrying batteries. Once a battery is placed, it will only last for a given period of time before triggers pause the "OMEGA 3000 Remote-controlled Helicopter" and force it to land. Then, triggers replace the battery item with a "Exhausted battery" item and you take the "Exhausted battery" item out of it and destroy it (it will have 1 hp) and will put a new one. Manually :)

You could also have a patrolling little robot that patrols between the location of one of your scientists and another. It will have an inventory and nothing else, and through it the scientists will send each other necessary gadgets.

Scientist equipment:
There will be certain items without which you cannot safely work with dangerous elements or acids/bases. For example, gloves, glasses, or Hazmat. Sometimes a chemical reaction could run awry (i.e. random chance of something happening as a trigger runs) and an explosion may happen. Scientists loses hit points, gets stunned, etc., a special effect is created (lol I can imagine the possibilities) and the ingredients of the reaction are lost.

...Hell, that's a lot. And I have more ideas for how you could make a competitive "laboratory" map. It could work well - 2-4 teams of scientists with the ultimate goal of creating a, say, nuclear bomb :cool:

Call me if you need a terrainer, object maker, and/or science assistant. Unfortunately, I know very little triggering.

Draqu

Reaction score
You can add a small strange creature in the cage which sometimes gives you quasi-quests or comments. Sometimes when you follow this guy's suggestion you gain extra bonuses/items, but sometimes your mixtures explode (or your experiments give some unexpected results, e.g. life elixir+gloves of glory= the corpse of confused orc. etc.)

Kuberr24

Reaction score
Sometimes, a shrink ray will trigger and shrink you!

Spells: bloodlust can shrink units
Trigger: animation - set unit scale can make units % of their size.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
Maybe a Machine That takes two units and takes the first unit and adds on all the stats of the second?

Or maybe a Machine that makes you big?

Or maybe a Machine that makes you invisible based on a stat or something?

I dunno I cant really think of anything :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.