[Need]Item - Ideas

Nexor

Reaction score
@sjakie: Are you on drugs??!! These ideas are brilliant omg ! :D

I prefer passive abilites, don't like to find and click them on the inventory :)
May I use them as well? (I don't think my map will go to any phase of release)

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Yeah I LOVE sjakie's ideas. I agree with Viikuna that these passive abilities from items should not last very long.

It's good to find some lacks of other AoS's or Dota.. like when you are low hitpoints and alone on line and you don't want to go to base to heal yourself and you have this item you can kill creeps and then use item and it will heal you. That's just cool.

Nexor you can, also anyone who wants can take any idea from this thread if creator of idea allows you to. :)

Sjakie, if you have any more ideas, post them! I hunger for your ideas. :D

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Lets give it another shot then:

INV_Helmet_99.png

Name: Hood of the Arcanist
Recipe: Pendant of Energy, Sobi Mask, Hood of the Arcanist Recipe (1100 gold)
Description: Those soft, whispering voices could be from both your enemies as well as the previous owner of this piece of clothing.
Abilities: +200 mana, +60% mana regeneration, Brain Tap
Brain Tap: Using the Hood of the Arcanist, the bearer places a telepathic connection between him and the target enemy. This results in the bearer draining 2% of the victims maximum mana untill he walks more than 800 distance away from the bearer.

INV_Gauntlets_11.png

Name: Clawless Gauntlets
Recipe: Ring of Protection, Gauntlets of Strength
Description: As the name implies, something seems to be missing.
Abilities: +4 armor, +5 strength

ab32.jpg

Name: Claw Gauntlets
Recipe: Clawless Gauntlets, Claws of Attack, Claw Gauntlets Recipe (600 gold)
Description: Its metal claws seem to have difficulty piercing through armor. Once the opponent is weakened however, it thrives in combat.
Abilities: +5 armor, +12 strength, +10 damage, Finish
Finish: The Claw Gauntlets allow the slaying of weaker enemies. When attacking an enemy with health lower than 20% of his maximum, the bearer deals 30 bonus damage.

INV_Jewelry_Ring_45.png

Name: Watchful Ring
Recipe: Medallion of Courage, Crystal Ball, Watchful Ring Recipe (1500 gold)
Description: The eye on top of this piece of jewelery is rather disturbing.
Abilities: +15 to all stats, Magic Eye
Magic Eye: The Watchful Ring notices any magic used in a 1300 radius of the bearer. Whenever an enemy casts a spell within range, the bearer reveals that unit for 6 seconds. This includes seeing through invisibility.

f14.jpg

Name: The List
Recipe: Maul of Justice, Flute of Accuracy, Gloves of Haste, The List Recipe (1600 gold)
Description: More than just a data book.
Abilities: +20 damage, +15% attackspeed, +12 agility, In Memoriam
In Memoriam: Upon killing an enemy hero, the bearer of The List writes down its victims name. This grants him +15% damage, +10% attackspeed, and +5% movementspeed for 4 seconds every time he attacks that hero. Once the bearer kills an other hero, that hero replaces the old one.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Awesome ideas as usual. That spell cast revealing is really useful.

That List thingy is also a good idea. It could probably also be something like: Gives X damage against guy you have killed most times ( The first guy in the list ), Y damage against guy in second of the list, and Z damage against third guy on the list, or something.

X > Y > Z, naturally.

And those icons are awesome btw. You found them from Hive, or what?

Furby

Reaction score
I find this item.. The List.. too imba.. in 1v1.. and if I would do it as Viikun says then it would be imba also in normal game. Imagine.. you said the biggest damage you will deal to enemy you killed the most time.. then you are going to kill him more and more times and start being stronger and stronger and so on.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Its all a matter of finding the right numbers.

As for the items, I kind of dislike Hive because you cant directly load the icons from it. If you will, they will show that annoying black/golden border. You would have to download them, which I find takes to long. Instead, I have bookmarked a couple of pages on the DotA forum (used to be there back in the old days) made specially for players looking for (item) icons.

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
I have a good idea for Hood of the Arcanist (or you can make another item for that idea)

Instead of draining 2% mana per second, I think, since it's a "telepathic link", that mana costs for spells should be shared.

Brain Tap(name could be changed): Using the Hood of the Arcanist, the bearer places a telepathic connection between him and the target enemy. This allows the bearer to tap into the target's mana pool whenever needed for a spell.
Drains 40% of casted spells' mana cost from the target.

If you don't use it...

I think thats something I might use in my map rofl.

Furby

Reaction score
I have a good idea for Hood of the Arcanist (or you can make another item for that idea)

Instead of draining 2% mana per second, I think, since it's a "telepathic link", that mana costs for spells should be shared.

If you don't use it...

I think thats something I might use in my map rofl.

Yeah, that's good! I'll make my spell to cost no mana and I will trigger all mana used for spells. :) Then I can use it. Cool thanks. +rep

Dest

Reaction score
Mana Boots

Requires:
Boots of Speed
Sobi Mask

Effects:
Grants 70 movement speed and gives 75% mana regeneration bonus.

Prince's Crown

Requires:
Belt of Toughness
Helm of Valor
Medallion of Courage

Effects:
Gives 15+ stats and 15+ Strength bonus.

Knight's Armor

Requires:
Ring of Protection
Iron Shield
Thorium Armor
--Shoulders of Moon

Effects:
Gives 35+ armor

Sorry if some of the ideas are similar, I just cba to read whole thread.

-Brainiac-

Reaction score

Furby

Reaction score
Really simple, but simplicity is perfection. Thank you!

I would like you all to post more than just these simple basic ideas. I want those items to have some passive or active, better to be unique ability, not just some +stats. :)

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Thats where I come along

BTNLeatherUpgradeTwo.png

Name: Weighted Plates
Recipe: Iron Shield, Helm of Valor, Periapt of Vitality
Description: Heavy, yet protective.
Abilities: +12 strength, +6 armor, +200 health, Train
Train: The bearer gains +1 bonus strength upon levelling.

INV_Chest_Leather_12.png

Name: Gaia Vest
Recipe: Ring of Protection, Pendant of Energy, Scepter of Wisdom, Gaia Vest Recipe (1100 gold)
Description: Requires excessive cleaning due to the massive amount of fungus that seems to grow on it.
Abilities: +4 armor, +200 mana, +100 health, +12 intelligence, Extracting Roots
Extracting Roots: Covers the target in roots for 4 seconds, silencing him and reducing his attackspeed by 70%. In addition, 30 mana is drained per second and returned to the bearer.

icons_5526_btn.jpg

Name: Unstable Essence
Recipe: Periaps of Life, Pendant of Energy
Description: One is said to be capable of gaining both physical as well as mental energy from the gem. Still, the 2 opposites seem to collide inside it.
Abilities: +200 health and mana

141.png

Name: Gem of Balance
Recipe: Unstable Essence, Sobi Mask, Ring of Regeneration, Gem of Balance Recipe (500 gold)
Description: Perfectly balanced, this gem seems to react only to unbalances in its bearer and attempts to stabilize those.
Abilities: +250 health and mana, +70% mana regeneration, +3 health regeneration, Ballance
Ballance: Causes the gem to apply additional regeneration to the quantity that is currently the lowest percentage of its maximum. When this is mana, it regenerates 5 mana per second. When this is health, it regenerates an additional 5 health per second.

q13.jpg

Name: Skull Ring
Recipe: Ring of Protection, Periapt of Vitality, Skull Ring Recipe (450 gold)
Description: Any blood poured onto it seems to be absorbed by the piece of jewelery.
Abilities: +3 armor, +150 health, Consume
Consume: Heals the bearer with 15 health upon killing a creep.

INV_Jewelry_Ring_38.png

Name: Malicous Ring
Recipe: Skull Ring, War Axe
Description: The ring itself seems to have evil tendacies
Abilities: +5 armor, +200 health, +10 damage, Oblitherate
Oblitherate: Violently tears any unit the bearer kills apart, absorbing its blood and healing the bearer by 25 health while damaging enemies in a 200 radius by 50.

INV_Jewelry_Ring_39.png

Name: Devilish Ring
Recipe: Malicous Ring, Devilish Ring Recipe (1500 gold)
Description: The ring itself seems to have evil tendacies
Abilities: +7 armor, +300 health, +20 damage, Inferno
Inferno: Causes every unit the bearer kills to burst apart into a burst of hellfire, dealing 90 damage in a 250 radius. In addition, its ashes bolster the bearer and regenerate 40 health. Enemies killed by this effect trigger the same effect.

I know they are not that good anymore. Im running out of creative juices.

soul_reaper

Reaction score
Here some ideas :

icons_1558_btn.jpg

Name : Dark Helmet
Requirement : Mash of Death, Helm of Valor
Description : This helmet is covered of blood...
Abilities : +10 STR, Life Tap
Life Tap : If a nearby enemy dies, the wearer of this mask get +15 HP, if it's a creep, and +100 HP, if it's a hero.

icons_4222_btn.jpg

Name : Shield of Courage
Requirement : Iron Shield, Medallion of Courage
Description : Worn by great knights and captains, this shield imbues it user with a great courage
Abilities : +6 to ALL Stats, +6 Armor, Battle Thirst
Battle Thirst : Making the hero "unstunnable" for 10 second and increases his damage by 25%

icons_9407_btn.jpg

Name : Ice Pauldron
Requirement : Moon Shoulders; Pendant of Energy, Ice Pauldron Recipe
Description : These Shoulders are imbues with frost energies.
Abilities : +20 Armor, +100 Mana, Frost Shield
Frost Shield : If the bearer is attacked, there is a little chance to reduce the attacker's speed

icons_5525_btn.jpg

Name : Time Blade
Requirement : Glove of Haste, Sharpened Blade, Boots of Speed, Time Blade Recipe
Description : This enchanted blade grants his bearer an inimaginable speed
Abilities : +10 Damage, 30% AS, Time Stop, Time Walk
Time Stop : Grant 5% Chance in an attack to stop time for the attacked unit
Time Walk : Move rapidly to the target point, increasing speed of the hero for 5 second and stunning enemies he encounters in his path.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Ward of Swords
Requires: Ring of Protection, Sharpened Blade, Ward of Swords Recipe (25 gold)
Description: Visible ward that keeps melee attackers at bay, keeping them at least 500 points away from the ward. Lasts 60 seconds.
Effect: Stationary, visible ward that keeps enemy melee units 500 distance from the ward.

Ward of Lords
Requires: Ward of Swords, Belt of Toughness, War Axe, Ward of Lords Recipe (75 gold)
Description: Invisible ward that keeps all heroes at least 650 points from the ward. Lasts 90 seconds.
Effect: Stationary, invisible ward that keeps enemy heroes 650 distance from the ward.

Ward of War
Requires: Ward of Lords, Scepter of Wisdon, Ward of War Recipe (100 gold)
Description: Invisible ward that keeps all units at least 800 distance from the ward. Also deals 10 damage per second to units trying to get closer to the ward. Lasts 120 seconds.
Effect: Stationary, invisible ward that keeps all enemy units at least 800 distance from the ward. Also deals 10 damage per second to units that are inside the radius, trying to get in.

StormLOrd

Reaction score
Hello, Furby!I have over 25 item recipe ideas!And i will share them with you soon!They are all original and created by me.I didnt copy anything from DOTA!I dont know how much exactly they are but i think I have over 25!!!!!!:thup:

Furby

Reaction score
much > many :) It's countable noun.

Anyway, I can't wait! Now we need items because we have already 5 heroes, which should be enough for beta version.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.