Need skills concepts

Nerfpl

Reaction score
As in topic im looking for concepts of skills for gods. they will be main heros but i want thier skills to be really something instead of "fireball"

Post only description of Effect and name if you want.

Currnetly Looking for
God of Fire (firelord model, malee str)
God of Time (lich model?, range agi)
God of War (blood blademaster model, malee str)
God of Death (no model atm, malee agi)
Goddess of Life (no model atm, malee int)

Skills should be suited for solo play/+1 mercenary. I can handle with most GUI triggers.
Usally i follow patternt: Active skill, Any, passive, Ulti=mass destruction long cd

Thanks for you concepts. +rep etc ;)

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
hmm
ill thow some ideas out there for you
and for each idea ill give lots of alternate ideas
&/ means exactly what youd think it means (and/or)
also i really like passives so im gonna suggest a bunch

lets see

god of fire
name: "molten fury" / "burning rage" / "berserk flame"
~passive
effect: each attack has a chance to...
deal critical damage / bonus damage
&/
inflict a debuff that damages over time

each level increases the...
chance to activate &/ critical damage factor &/ bonus damage &/ damage caused by the debuff &/ the duration of the debuff

name: "eruption" / "conflagration"
~ultimate (instant)
effect: deals heavy damage
this is what i am visualizing...
the ground ripples out from the hero (war stomp or a similar effect)
and pillars of fire erupt out of the ground under units in range(level up graphic or something similar).

god of time
name: "temporal vortex" (this is a spell by WolfieNoCT ill provide a link in a min)
~passive
effect: each time the hero is attacked theres is a chance that the attacker will be instantly moved back a distance.
you could also add a mini stun. (that is not part of WolfieNoCT's original spell)
(this spell would be great for the god of time because it would work well against melee units)

god of war
name: "vorpal aura"
~passive
effect: floating swords follow the god around and attack enemies
i think the best way to implement this would be to make sword units that are unselectable (locust) and invulnerable and issue the order for them to follow the god
each level increases the number of swords &/ damage dealt by swords

god of death
name: "aura of decay"
~passive
effect: reduces enemy units regeneration
each level increases the reduction amount.

name: "skeletal visage" / "terrifying visage"
~passive
effect: attacking units have a chance to miss &/ be debuffed with fear.
fear causes them to run away / be to frightened to move (stun)
each level increases the chance to activate the effect &/ duration of the fear

name: "reaping" / "necrosis"
~passive
effect: units killed by the god of death have a chance to turn into skeletons and serve the god for a duration of time.
each level increases the chance to activate the effect &/ the duration of the skeletons

goddess of life
hmm i cant think of much here
i mean i could give you some ideas but they are pretty similar to existing spells in WC3
like holy light and that aura that increases regeneration.

Nerfpl

Reaction score
god of fire
name: "molten fury" / "burning rage" / "berserk flame"
~passive
effect: each attack has a chance to...
deal critical damage / bonus damage
&/
inflict a debuff that damages over time

each level increases the...
chance to activate &/ critical damage factor &/ bonus damage &/ damage caused by the debuff &/ the duration of the debuff

ok thats funny because before reading this post i actually did passive named "Afterburn" which have chance to create damage equal to trigerring damage (aka crit) with visual effect (a little explosion) and most important is well suited for high levels because it can trigger its self. whole effect is delayed by 0.5s so it looks really nice :)

ulti sounds good, and is easy to trigger. i could add some flying effect to damage units actually.

temporal vortex- i would actually pass that because is well known spell and probably like xxxx ppl saw it in action etc. i need unique, Time should me most amazing in theory (just need wicked ideas)

but thanks for concepts +rep ofc ;)

Nerfpl

Reaction score
yea thats nice thanks for ideas.

about goddess of life, think like female paladin ;)

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Here's a bunch of useful ideas..<3
And a model I'll suggest for the goddess of life..

Goddess of Life - Model

Redemption
- Passive
- An aura that detects nearby corpses and redeems the corpses (with this, the corpse disappears). One corpse redeemed will fill up some of the goddess' health and mana.
- Each level increases health and mana recovery.

Call of the Heavens (complicated spell)
- Active
- With the aid of the gods, heavenly energies will engulf the target unit, bring forth his soul to heaven as his body turns into a Divine Knight. Upon the Knight's expiration and trip to heaven, there'll be a burst of holy light which will heal up to 16 non-undead allied units in the vicinity, yet this light is so intense that it'll blind 16 nearby enemies and cause them to miss some of their attacks.

Sidereal Basher
- Active
- The goddess uses all her strength to bash an opponent. The target and all nearby enemy units will be knocked back and'll take some damage.

Absorption Aura
- Passive
- An aura which provides the Goddess and nearby units a protective shield which adds to their armor. Units with this armor have a chance to completely absorb a spell from an enemy unit.

God of Time

Hyper Chronofield
- Active, Channeling
- Time freezes in an area around the God of Time, meaning all units won't move (including their animation) until the God stops channeling. New units (except the ones that are already frozen) who enter the chronofield will immediately manifest the effects of aging, losing their health and movement speed gradually until they die.

Retrosphere
- Active
- Instantly teleports the God and nearby allies and enemies to a target point. Enemies who teleport with the God will completely stop until a short period of time. Allies who teleport with the God will have a massive boost in attack speed and movement speed, as if time ran faster for them.

Haste
- Active
- Dramatically increases the God and nearby allies' movement speed and attack speed. When cast, Haste heals hit points for the God.

These are some nice ideas I've picked up for 2 gods, so use them appropriately!:thup:

-- Umaku iku yō ni -|- jonadrian619 --​

Nerfpl

Reaction score
thanks really great ideas :)
but about retrosphare, basicly i could cast that in spot just to make me faster and stun enemies. i think some minimal cast range will be useful here. but thanks at all :)

after i deal with them and they will look ok i credit you for ideas ;)

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
God of Death

Death manipulation
When activated, gains control of any killed non-hero unit's soul for 10 seconds. Those souls are invulnerable, have 0 collision and transparency and deal double damage as normal. The God of death will regain 10% of their hps after they vanish.
Recall
When activated, the next allied hero that dies will come back to life for 10 seconds with invulnerability, infinite mana and increased damage and speed. He will also have reduced revive timer.
Sinister strike
For any unit he kills the God of Death will gain death charge which he can release upon his enemies at any time dealing damage depending on number of souls stolen (some kind of shockwave).
Soul trap
Creates an invisible trap at target location that sucks soul of any enemy unit who crosses over it, becoming silenced and weakened by having its damage and armor reduced. The effect is permanent until the unit dies. He will then have his attributes reduced by x% for short duration.
Dread blast - Ultimate
Summons souls on any corpse on the map and calls them to aid the God by coming towards him at high rate damaging any unit they encounter. The God will channel energy of death for any soul he sucks for the next 15 seconds. After the channel ends he will release a terrifying nova of death around him dealing high amount of damage, slowing, silencing and reducing armor of enemy units that get hit.
Channeling

Nerfpl

Reaction score
nice nice, especially sinister strike. but Recall wont work because thers only 1 hero at time (its spRPG)

Dread blast is ok but creating collision missile for each corpose can cause a bit lag, on other hand i wonder how much corposes there will be on whole map if they all respawn

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.