Need someone to help me with my map

V

VG Emblem

Yoshii said:
tier 5 is already planned soon in Hatoup official map:p and its air ,you'll have to think or something better!
So is mine.(all except orc) Frost wyrms for Undead, Chimaeras for Nightelf, Gryphon Riders for Human, and Kodo Riders for Orcs. Tier 5 costs 7000 gold. So yeah, I WIN. :D

V

VG Emblem

Some type of error keeps occuring. :banghead: And by aim or msn, I meant instant messaging.

Yoshii

Reaction score
hardest thing to do in footmen map is to actually balance them and it take quite awhile and many game using the map to do that;) people wont play a broken map if there is 4.0 or better already out.Balancing 30 heroes is a nightmare

V

VG Emblem

Yoshii said:
hardest thing to do in footmen map is to actually balance them and it take quite awhile and many game using the map to do that;) people wont play a broken map if there is 4.0 or better already out.Balancing 30 heroes is a nightmare
Yeah, it can be. I try not to make any hero to powerful, but that can just kill all the fun sometimes. The only way you can really break a hero is by making the spells overpowered, so I'm always adjusting stuff like that to make it fair. Even though generally in my map, most Ultimate spell are overpowered.(I just think it should be like that. It's called an Ultimate, not another regular spell after all.)
But then people still b*tch about it just because they suck.

Ok, mr.apples, I added you. When are you going to be on?
If you need to add me, it's [email protected]

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
I am saying what I perceive to be the truth here.

This map of yours is going to end up like some DotA imitation. Hatoup has done SUCH A GOOD JOB that no one is going to touch your map. Soon as he releases his new version, your done.

Its the same with DotA, all these things like ToB, Emnity Campaign etc. fail. They fail because DotA is well made and has few balance issues compared to other games.

Love it or hate it I don't give a shit. I know people are going to whine about how map monopolies suck blah blah blah. Truth is, I would love something new to play. But, the fact remains that your one guy using a ripped off version versus the creator who has been doing this for (years?).

This is the same reason why all these DotA spinoffs fail horribly. Its maybe a few guys versus a whole group of people. Plus they have popularity on their side. There is virtually no chance.

V

VG Emblem

Karawasa said:
I am saying what I perceive to be the truth here.

This map of yours is going to end up like some DotA imitation. Hatoup has done SUCH A GOOD JOB that no one is going to touch your map. Soon as he releases his new version, your done.

Its the same with DotA, all these things like ToB, Emnity Campaign etc. fail. They fail because DotA is well made and has few balance issues compared to other games.

Love it or hate it I don't give a shit. I know people are going to whine about how map monopolies suck blah blah blah. Truth is, I would love something new to play. But, the fact remains that your one guy using a ripped off version versus the creator who has been doing this for (years?).

This is the same reason why all these DotA spinoffs fail horribly. Its maybe a few guys versus a whole group of people. Plus they have popularity on their side. There is virtually no chance.
I never said my map was supposed to compete with Hatoup's. But one of the reasons I decided to make it is because if you look from 3.8 to 4.0, almost nothing was changed. And to me, the game was losing it's fun. And my game, if not better than Hatoup's, is certainly way more fun. Most of my friends on Bnet have agreed that my map is funner to play then 4.0. I'll host one on Bnet if you want to see. Just tell me when you'll be on.

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
VG Emblem said:
I never said my map was supposed to compete with Hatoup's. But one of the reasons I decided to make it is because if you look from 3.8 to 4.0, almost nothing was changed. And to me, the game was losing it's fun. And my game, if not better than Hatoup's, is certainly way more fun. Most of my friends on Bnet have agreed that my map is funner to play then 4.0. I'll host one on Bnet if you want to see. Just tell me when you'll be on.

Its true that you never said your map was going to compete with Hatoups. But, when you make a map similar to what is already out there, the competition is there automatically, whether you say/want it or not.

The point I was trying to convey was simple yet brutal, your map is not going to overtake Hato's. Since, you have already said you don't care about that, then my original post should have no meaning to you.

Overall, I don't believe anything you create in such a short time period is going to ever be better then Hato's map. He has worked for over a year on balance and other things and that is a very important factor in terms of map quality. As for being more fun, that is certainly possible. I enjoy GOD version of footmen frenzy. Its not balanced, its horribly made, but its fun as hell once in awhile. (Note I am not saying your map is like Footman God). So, I have no doubt your map will be fun for awhile, because new content is always good.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Karawasa said:
ROFL HAHAHA LOLZORS OMFG-YOU MADE MY DAY!!!!!
ROFL HEHEHEHEHE HAHAHAHAHA TEEHEE LAWL LMAO ROFELZ BWAHAHAHAHA ROFL HAHA LOL !!!!!!!!!!!11!!!1!ONE!11

Bolded for emphasis.
Im not saying emnity campaign is good, but saying that dota is better made then tob?
ROFL LOL TEH UBar HAX.xoRS!!!!!!!! ZOMFG LAWL ROFL TEE HEE PWNROFLTEHROFLLAWLLMAO!!!!!!!!!

V

VG Emblem

Karawasa said:
Its true that you never said your map was going to compete with Hatoups. But, when you make a map similar to what is already out there, the competition is there automatically, whether you say/want it or not.

The point I was trying to convey was simple yet brutal, your map is not going to overtake Hato's. Since, you have already said you don't care about that, then my original post should have no meaning to you.

Overall, I don't believe anything you create in such a short time period is going to ever be better then Hato's map. He has worked for over a year on balance and other things and that is a very important factor in terms of map quality. As for being more fun, that is certainly possible. I enjoy GOD version of footmen frenzy. Its not balanced, its horribly made, but its fun as hell once in awhile. (Note I am not saying your map is like Footman God). So, I have no doubt your map will be fun for awhile, because new content is always good.
If that's what you're saying, and there's absolutely no way to avoid that, then there's only one solution isn't there? Mine will just have to be better, now won't it?

MrApples

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I still think spawning time should be the same :/. I guarantee less lag that way. I wonder if Footman Frenzy still uses those horrible triggers.

V

VG Emblem

MrApples said:
I still think spawning time should be the same :/. I guarantee less lag that way. I wonder if Footman Frenzy still uses those horrible triggers.
Yah they do. Especially so because certain units spawn 2 at a time, and Nightelfs usually spawn faster.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.