Neutral hostile units not moving

kingkwong92

Reaction score
I have a trigger that creates neutral hostile units and I order them to attack move to the center of the map. I increased the Creep return distance and return time. I also added a large acquisition range.
Everything works fine until there are heaps on units in the map. Once there are a lot of units spanwed, they stop moving when my hero moves. They just stand there and stare but if i let my hero stay in the same place for a while, they start moving towards me

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing you can do, that is a flaw in the wc3 engine, its simply not made to cope with big numbers of units.

kingkwong92

Reaction score
Anyway I can get around this? Does using another neutral work?
Also, do you know what the number is that it has to be more than?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing you can do. Its simple: Too many units => choppy movement
The engine is simply not meant to deal with this. Wc3 was meant to be played with only a few units per player.
What exactly that number is is hard to say, but with a few hours of trial and error you should be able to find it out yourself.

kingkwong92

Reaction score
I found that its between 60 and 70. Varies a wee bit. Do you think if I used the other neutral player if that would work?

EDIT!! found that I can use neutral extra. This allows me to double the amount of units. 50 works the best for each. This allows me to have 100 neutral units.

Just found out, that if they have no one else on the map to attack, they kill each other

Last edited:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think so, but you can always just try.
Do you mean 60 to 70 units per player?

jonas

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The food count limit (100) should not be surpassed per player. This is a reason why BTanks had the food limit. Make sure that you ally them and be careful, since some players (neutral victim, neutral passive (?)) will cause your game to crash if you make them attack. That is why battleships crossfire did not use neutral players as empires (but players 1 and 2, IIRC).

Also, more units != better map...

kingkwong92

Reaction score
I found that about 50 units per player works but does get jumpy when you walk up and down cliff levels. As long as there is a player then the neutral extras wont attack the neutral hostiles. I've never heard of this battleships crossfire before but Im not using victim or passive.
Im making a battle arena style game but adding a game mode where zombies swarm the map just for lolz. I want it to be 12 players so I dont really want to get rid of a couple of players. Dam, I wish they made a warcraft 4 editor.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, in SC2 you can have more units, its overall a very solid game engine and really well done.
But of course, its also much much more complicated and does not have anywhere near as many models as wc3 had.

kingkwong92

Reaction score
Hmmm, I think I might look into it. What do you mean in terms of complicated? I dont know jass so I only use the GUI and some jass that I learn from guys here. Can you just import models?

jonas

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The object editor has a very steep learning curve, with agents and what not. Trigger editor and map editor are awesome.

kingkwong92

Reaction score
Dam. I dont even understand half the stuff in the warcraft object editor. Do you know where I can find a full guide of the object editor? I've only seen ones that point out the obvious fields. I def have a look at SC2 if there trigger editor has GUI

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.