New Editor Update, Help

fih

Reaction score
I'm creating a new builder unit for a custom map, but I haven't played with the map editor in a long time. Since the new patch, everything seems pointlessly difficult... I can't add abilities, buttons, etc the same way I used to and can't figure out how. There don't appear to be any tutorials of the editor with the new update. I used to be able to just right-click and hit 'Add ability', but now that option is no longer there...
Can anyone help me? I'm creating a new custom unit from scratch, new structures, and adding abilities and buttons to link the unit to be able to build those structures. Thanks in advance

MerrillPhish

Reaction score

fih

Reaction score
Thanks
is there a tutorial on making new structures? I'd like to have a buildable structure with a model of a doodad, but is there a way to make that model at 50% size? what about a way to make a single model out of a group of doodads together?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Thanks
is there a tutorial on making new structures? I'd like to have a buildable structure with a model of a doodad, but is there a way to make that model at 50% size? what about a way to make a single model out of a group of doodads together?
A structure is basically a unit, with a footprint.
To change the model of the unit, to a doodad model, you just change the model used in the units actor.

I'm not entirely sure on how to attack multiple models to a unit, but it will be some additional actors of the type "Model" and parent "Model Addition", which is created on unit birth.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
X-Maul is correct about using multiple models. You need to start with a base model then create a Model Addition actor for each model that you want to add. Then to add the model to your base actor, you need to add the following events to the Event: Events + property:
Code:
UnitCreation.<Your_Unit>
   Create
UnitDeath.<Your_Unit>
   Destroy

One other thing to note is that some models don't have a built in hit test area. What this means is that if you use one of these models, you will never be able to select the unit in game. To solve this, you need to make your base model the HitTestSphere model and then use Model Addition actors to attach all the models you want to use for the unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.