New site!

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
During the online testing of my new map, a lot of people asked me how I did all those triggered spells. I got sick of explaining through the battle.net chat, so I thought: Why not put it all onto a site? Then I thought: a site with just some tutorials wouldn't get that much pageviews, so I decided to build a complete site using a CMS. And well, there it is: the first version.

http://theidea.byethost11.com/

Please post any feedback on the forum there, and vote on what I should add next.

P.S. The uni.cc url suddenly stopped working, so please use the original url now. I'm trying to get a good domain forwarding service so you don't have to memorize a 22-characters-long url =).

To the moderators: Yes I know, this isn't a request for help. But it is a link to a site that is supposed to help mappers with tutorials. And I couldn't find anything that forbids advertising in the rules =).

H

Heptameron

When trying to register, the validation code is a broken image box. :(

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
Heptameron said:
When trying to register, the validation code is a broken image box. :(

Yeh. That kind of stopped me.
Nice site though. Very pleasing to the eye and smooth to navigate. Add some tutorials first because I always want to know more stuff. Or upload some of your maps.

M

Master_Saji

I'm working on a site too..... :cool: BUT! You will not know the url yet o_O

But this looks nice ^_^

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Ah, fixed that. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Edit:

Added the first tutorial! See the tutorials section.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
As soon as i get flash 8 (next month) im gonna start working on a flash site :)!

btw, grurf, if i can think of any tutorials, shall i send them to you for your tutorials page?

~Jindo

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
That'd be nice! I'll make a submitted tutorial section.

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
BUMP!

Just came back from a sailing camp, I'm a 'little' tired (zzz...)

http://theidea.uni.cc/ broke down, looking for a good url forwarding service.

Updated the Destroy tutorial.

My map still has 1 download (no, that is not me testing the url :)). Cmon guys! Don't you wanna test Grurf's (alias The_Idea's) map?

I actually don't know what to do about the site now except adding content. I also got one vote about the theme. Could you please vote more and post comments about your voting on the forum?

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Nice site! ^_^ But the idea should be more as a commuinty. But if you want it this way then go ahead! =p

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Jindo said:
if i signed up on your site, should i post the tutorial(s) on the forum?

~Jindo

Hey now! -.- I never see you posting tutorials at OM :(

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
@Master_Saji: Post at the forum if you want a tutorial. I am already working on other ones though.

@Ninva: Please explain what you mean with: "But the idea should be more as a commuinty."

@Jindo: For members there now is a submit tutorial link in the navigation panel. You need to be logged in to use this feature and you should link images off-site. If I think the tutorial is good I will upload the images to the server itself.

The url http://theidea.uni.cc suddenly works again, but I would still like a more reliable url forwarding service. Any suggestions?

I have now got 4 votes in the site content poll now, please vote more!

Still not a single post of you on the forum?

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I mean not self centered. So it woulded be called, "The_Idea/Grurf's Mapping Site". It could be called The Idea, Mapping Site, ect.
Keep that in mind. :)

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you have a point there. If it is all just about my mapping, that'd be quite boring. You know what, I'll call it something different, and when I receive the 280mb extra space from my provider, I will let you all submit maps!

A

AddE

Jindo said:
As soon as i get flash 8 (next month) im gonna start working on a flash site :)!

btw, grurf, if i can think of any tutorials, shall i send them to you for your tutorials page?

~Jindo
What... Flash 8 realese is in 1 month???? Ive been thinking about doing a flash site too.. Just dont know where to get a domain :nuts:.. Rather free to :D

Well anyways Grurf whos your provider? Does it cost much?

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
cjb.net is free... But if you want forums it has ads. But you can still turn them off for a price.

A

AddE

Ok thanks.. Well .. I wasnt really thinking to have a forum either.. maybe.. :p thanks

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
It's both. You just can sign up for a forum. To tell you the truth, the first day I signed up for it. I Deleted my account a few hours later. It's not that good.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
AddE said:
What... Flash 8 realese is in 1 month???? Ive been thinking about doing a flash site too.. Just dont know where to get a domain :nuts:.. Rather free to :D

Well anyways Grurf whos your provider? Does it cost much?

well, its this month.

Ive got a domain name, i dont know the address but try searching for 1&1 domains, im not so sure if they're free, if they arent, they're very cheap.

---

Im getting the education set with all this other stuff for making websites (only £/$80 :D!!).

@Alexander: sry, you never asked. Ill post my maze tutorial on there then.

@Grurf: ok ill register soon.

~Jindo

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.