Gaming No more All Points Bulletin

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Scottish developer Realtime Worlds has announced that its cops vs. robbers MMO APB is shutting down, less than three months after it launched.

What we see here is complete failure of management.

When they released the game they where in debt sky high.
They released a product that was in it's alpha stage.

They got my 60 bucks (put in 30 hours or so).
Glad i did not pay for a lifetime sub.
So when a new MMO is released i gotta wait atleast 4 months to buy it ???
Your comments are very welcome.

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I was really interested in it until I saw the screenshots of the final product. Was hoping it would be more of a PoliceQuest style MMO

Seems to be some rumours today that Epic might buy it out and keep it going

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Me and my friends was interested in buying this when we first heard about it, turns out it was the right decision to ignore APB after all.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
yep Rap (hi longtime no see) epic miiiiiiighhhhhtt be taken over..

Cornface what put me off after i leveled and got a super duper car was the matchmaking system and the ammount of cheaters.

so i thought huge potential . just wait a few months ..

did not expect they would pull the plug .. next mmo .. i will wait :) WoW expansion is good to go they proved themselfs..

AOE was a disaster after launch..

Fallen Earth .. to sandboxy for me ..

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
APB is a PC FPS MMO (All Points Bulletin).

It was rushed and many people said it was a bad and broken game.

Lyzet

Reaction score
I think people are judging APB way too fast- and the team itself aswell.

The concept of the game was groundbreaking- the gameplay was absolutely amazing.

The potential the type of game this was had in the future and forward, was HUGE.

It was the ultimate game, with ambitions of future developments this could easily be the best game ever made.

I played for 400 hours was rating 320- and ofcourse the type of games you like, comes in to the question wether or not this would be the ultimate game BUT, this game was a mix of an online action shooter (Counter strike, call of duty, battlefield, left 4 dead, whatever u can come up with) and a roleplaying game (WoW,kalonline,silkroad,diablo, etc) wich in my opinion creates the ultimate game.

You choose between 2 factions - doing missions, shooting, killing, creating items, customizing evrything- and so on.

The team did it great, they missed a few things, but its all to blame on EA- who pushed them and gave them a very strict deadline.

Wich then followed up on a huge amount of bugs, missing content- bla bla bla.

If they didnt go bankrupt, i could've seen this game as the most played one 1-2 years ahead.

Imagine what you could do with such a game.

I really hope the rumours are true, that epic games are to acquire APB, and do whatever realtime worlds wasnt given enough time to, and reopen it next year.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.