No Sign of Intelligent Life...

SilverScreen

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Sorry I've got so many questions; I had no idea how many things could go wrong when trying to create a map, but his should be the last question though.

I've been creating a non-melee map, so I deleted the Melee Initialization and used Victory Conditions that were given to me (Thanks again, Storgaard!). But then I realized that there was no AI: the enemies just sat there and did nothing. So I went back and kept the Melee Initialization stats for AI and for starting resources.

When I went to play, the resources were there, and the Orcs and Night Elves were doing some things (wisps/peons were active but heroes were just standing), but the Undead were just sitting there unless attacked.

I thought the Melee AI worked on an earlier map (I got attacked by heroes and everything), but it isn't working now.:banghead:

I don't need any complex AI, just something that keeps the computer behaving the way it would in a normal Melee game. Is there a way I can do that without inventing my own AI system?

Again, thank you to those who have helped me thus far--I do appreciate it. I've worked out everything else...I just can't get the computer to fight back!

(BTW, someone mentioned giving "rep" for help. Can anyone tell me what that is?)

SilverScreen

Reaction score
Thank you for clarifying the "rep" for me! ...Unfortunately, I don't have a scales icon--the only thing I have on each post is a number. I clicked on that number, and it just isolates the post. If I figure out how to get that option, I'll definately make use of it.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Okay...now I have the scales! Woo-hoo!

Please don't double post, use the
edit.gif
button.

SilverScreen

Reaction score
Yes indeed, I had that set correctly.

In experiementing last night, I discovered that the Undead don't do squat unless I start them with a haunted graveyard instead of a regular graveyard for some reason. I'm not sure yet how that will effect their expansion later on, but maybe I'll figure that out later.

The Hero lethargy I chalk up to the fact that I was using a modified existing map from the game, and the computer started with a mess of creeps right in its backdoor. Maybe that threw everything off, 'cause I think in the Melee Initialization, there's something about not having creeps near the home base.

We shall see!

canons200

Reaction score
so far i still don't what you want, if you want a non-melee map, add victory condition, order enemy issue attack for certain time, set enemy upgrade...............

what map you are making, i have no clue =.='

SilverScreen

Reaction score
Thanks for the questions canons200!

I wanted a non-melee map, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to add the AI myself. For some reason, without the "Melee AI", the enemy wasn't doing anything. Units, workers, and heroes just stood around. I thought I would then need to create a whole AI program from scratch, when I really just wanted a basic, standard AI system like the one used in a melee game.

But it's definately a non-melee map.

cryowraith

Reaction score
Its a non-melee map but you want the AI to behave like they are in a melee game? Or perhaps you are creating a campaign? Perhaps you could look through more tutorials about campaign and stuff. Good luck.

Legacyspy

Reaction score
Even in a non melee map, if the AI has a gold mine and such, the A.I should follow the rules assuming you ran the action to use melee A.I.

So there is something else going on there. Perhaps you could upload the map?

SilverScreen

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a little confused myself. Thanks for offering to take a look at this debacle for me though. I'm gonna try to tweak a few things (move the gold mines, creeps, etc..,) and play the map for a bit to give it time. If the problem is still there, I'll definately upload it.

I'm hoping I can get it fixed though. Your mention of giving the computer gold mines might have helped me...

N(O.O)B

Reaction score
You might also want to give each computer regular starting units through the Melee Game - Create Starting Units For Player action, as they are programmed to start with them in melee games

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.