Not really a Blizzard problem, but...

A

Arta

I have a wierd problem with my monitor. I just got a new GF4 Ti4200, Installed fine and everything, grabbed the latest drivers from nvidia.com - the problem is this: My refresh rate won't go up past 60Hz. No matter how high I set it under Display Settings->Advanced->Monitor, it stays at 60Hz - the frequency is displayed at whatever I set it to, but the monitor is still very flickery, it's obviously not changing. Even if I put it right up to like, 150Hz (my monitor's max is 70) it stays at 60Hz - this is extremely frustrating as the flickering hurts my eyes :(

Any ideas?

t'kron

Rest in Peace My Friend
Reaction score
Your running XP, correct???

You can change the refresh in XP. Just go to advanced display options and under adapters click on all display modes. Pick your desired resolution and refresh rate.

However check this site out it is a know problem with XP:

http://www.xp-refresh.net/

near the bottom of the above linke I quote:

"Thankfully, there is one program out there that automatically detects the highest refresh rates your computer can handle at every resolution, and configures Windows to always use the highest refresh rate possible at every resolution in DirectX games, OpenGL games, and the Windows desktop, just like the "Optimal" setting in Windows 98/ME does. Not only that, but it works with ALL video cards from EVERY manufacturer and with ANY driver release. I use the program myself, and I haven't encountered any problems with it. It will even backup your original refresh rate configuration in case you want to undo changes it makes, but I don't know why you'd want to do that. Of course, you still have to download and configure the program yourself, which completely ruins the "Out of the Box Experience" in Windows XP, which is why I'm still pushing so hard for Microsoft to fix these problems.

The program is called RefreshForce, it's freeware, and it's the best refresh rate program out there... period! You can find out more info about RefreshForce and download it here.

In case you have problems with RefreshForce, which I'm sure you won't, here is the entire list of all the other refresh rate fixing programs out there, but try RefreshForce first, because it's the easiest and most powerful refresh rate program there is:

NVRefreshTool

Rage 3D Tweak

Radeonator

MultiRes

A

Arta

Am using 2000, actually. Sorry, forgot to mention that!

I know how to change the refresh rate, the point is, when i change the setting, the refresh rate *doesn't* change - even though the setting *does*.

I'll check that proggie out now :)

NoNameRequired

Administrator and Blizzard Tech FAQ Editor
Reaction score
Arta, try NVRefresh Tool. It's the best solution against the Windows 2000/XP refresh rate bug. You simply specify which refresh rate you want to use for different resolutions and that's it. It does not need to run in the background. You might also want to try older Detonator Drivers.

If that does not fix your problem, I don't know what will.

Good Luck.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.