One Question and Requests

Dest

Reaction score
1. Let's say I have a building that builds for 45 seconds. If I have a upgrade that once researched, the time is reduced to 40 seconds. You know, say like speeding the construction up. How do I make that happen? :confused:

As for requests, I have some requests. I need these icons to be changed into upgrade icons, the one with and without circle that has numbers of how many upgrades that have been researched. Here are some icons:

advancedmasonry.gif

studdedleatherarmor.gif

upgraderifles.gif

(I will edit this post soon or later.)

ajzdfd

Reaction score
1. Maybe you could make copies of the building with different build speeds and then make them available depending on if the upgrade has been researched or not

Edit: maybe something like this:
Trigger:
  • buildspeed
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes research
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Your Upgrade
    • Actions
      • Player - Make Building with 45 sec Unavailable for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)
      • Player - Make Building with 40 sec Available for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
1. Maybe you could make copies of the building with different build speeds and then make them available depending on if the upgrade has been researched or not

Trigger:
  • buildspeed
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Make Building with 45 sec Unavailable for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)
      • Player - Make Building with 40 sec Available for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)

that's an awesome idea. if you want multiple upgrades for multiple buildings, then just put an If, Then, Else for each level up upgrade into each other and when you're done with the first upgrade and all it's levels, start another one in the Else of the last If, Then, Else (so just a ton of if, then, elses in each other)

Dest

Reaction score
Here.

I highly suggest you download this tool: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/button-manager-v1-7-a-116280/

It's simply awesome. :)

Can you make these into zip? I downloaded the tool but where do I open it? :S

Trigger:
  • buildspeed
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions

I'm doing that for every building, so it's gonna be hard..

that's an awesome idea. if you want multiple upgrades for multiple buildings, then just put an If, Then, Else for each level up upgrade into each other and when you're done with the first upgrade and all it's levels, start another one in the Else of the last If, Then, Else (so just a ton of if, then, elses in each other)

Uhm, can you show an example trigger of doing that? I suck at triggering.. so... :eek:

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Here, I made it simpler for you. Download the attatched map, copy and paste the Initialization trigger folder, there is stuff you need in BOTH triggers in the folder. Then change the upgrades/unit in the triggers to whatever you want.

Edit: ya i guess i beat you to it, with the way i did it you only need 1 upgrade for each unit (I used a barracks and I have one upgrade, I just use conditions to find the tech-type and the level of it)

Attachments

• For Cake!.w3x
    17.7 KB · Views: 94

ajzdfd

Reaction score
i believe this is what he had in mind:
Trigger:
  • Buildspeed
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Upgrade A
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Make Building A 40 sec Available for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)
          • Player - Make Building A 45 sec Unavailable for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Upgrade B
            • Then - Actions
              • Player - Make Building B 40 sec Available for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)
              • Player - Make Building B 45 sec Unavailable for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Upgrade C
                • Then - Actions
                  • Player - Make Building C 40 sec Available for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)
                  • Player - Make Building C 45 sec Unavailable for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)
                • Else - Actions
                  • -------- etc... --------

Edit: He beat me to it haha :p

Dest

Reaction score

Trigger:
  • buildspeed
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions

Here, I made it simpler for you. Download the attatched map, copy and paste the Initialization trigger folder, there is stuff you need in BOTH triggers in the folder. Then change the upgrades/unit in the triggers to whatever you want.

Edit: ya i guess i beat you to it, with the way i did it you only need 1 upgrade for each unit (I used a barracks and I have one upgrade, I just use conditions to find the tech-type and the level of it)

i believe this is what he had in mind:
Trigger:
  • Buildspeed
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Upgrade A
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Make Building A 40 sec Available for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)
          • Player - Make Building A 45 sec Unavailable for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Upgrade B
            • Then - Actions
              • Player - Make Building B 40 sec Available for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)
              • Player - Make Building B 45 sec Unavailable for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Upgrade C
                • Then - Actions
                  • Player - Make Building C 40 sec Available for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)
                  • Player - Make Building C 45 sec Unavailable for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)
                • Else - Actions
                  • -------- etc... --------

Edit: He beat me to it haha :p

I gave rep to both of you since you did your work to help me. I'd say thanks to you. I guess I'll try this... :)

Lightstalker

Reaction score
Here you go:

As for the tool, you open it in the folder in which you download it to. You will also need a special tool that allows you to unzip .rar files.

You can use this tool: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
It's free.

Attachments

• Icons 4 Cake by Lightstalker.zip
    10.5 KB · Views: 102
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.