Picture Wars

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
86c285f6b6d8fc07a4326998c5cd365c.png

Picture Wars is a forum game in which players wages war, build cities, forge alliances and much more on fully destructible battlefields. Players use their own armies in all sorts of different matches and scenarios. Players sprite their own armies and come up with their own gameplay mechanics.

Some example matches:

A match between The Vron (evil hive aliens) and Geisha's
6c1061c3827dc6ce5835837e07893e6b.png

A match between the Goblins and the Snozwangers
4ed03ddb684c5db83dc870969332884a.png

A match between the Coco's (orange guys) and the DrII republic (evil communist robots)
cocottrip46farewelloa4.png

It doesn't stop with 1v1 battles though, you can play with almost any amount of players.

It isn't all regular battles either, you can have zombie infestations, building a city and much more.

Q&A
Q:What do I need to play Picture Wars?
A: You only need a basic image editing program capable of saving images as .png files. Most users just use regular MS Paint, though Photoshop, GIMP or something else work as well. Paint will cover your needs most of the time though.

Q:I don't have any spriting experience, is it hard?
A:Well, you don't need any experience to start out. We have some excellent tutorials, the mods and other members are always ready to give you tips and provide assistance.

Links

Picture Wars forums: the homestead of picture wars.

Introduction: this tutorial contains all the information you need to get started and links to other useful tutorials.

Completed Matches:Here you can watch some of the great matches that we've played in the past.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
I love this game, but it gets rather tedious after a while.

I actually forgot about this until you posted it. :p

Thanks! :D

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
@Cheesy, where did you play it? The actual forums or the threads on facepunch or somewhere else?

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Facepunch, the actual forums (Forever ago) and with a friend (Not on a forum, through instant messaging).

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
After seeing this, I immediately signed up and already started designing a preliminary map to sharpen my skills. Thanks for posting this. :D

duyen

Reaction score
Dude that confirmation image upon registering is so hard to read - it took me 5 tries to get in.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
@duyen: Well, we had a lot of trouble with adbots lately.

@DogofHavoc: I hadn't made the connection yet. Didn't realize it was you. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.