Playing through a linksys router

J

Jester

I have to run bf1942 through a linksys router (several computers on the LAN using one cable modem). However, whenever I play through the router, I get random disconnects while playing. There's no lag or anything (usually) before the disconnect, it'll just freeze up and drop me back to the menu while playing. If I bypass the router and plug the cable modem directly into my ethernet card, it seems to work fine, but I don't always have that luxury. Any suggestions on how to configure the router to eliminate this problem would be welcome.

Jester

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Is it only when you have more than one of your PCs trying to connect to the same server?

Because I use that router with no problems....... (but only 1 PC at a time)

C

CanisLupus

Well, it could be possible that the other computers within the network that are accessing the internet are having momentary "bursts" in accessing data from your cable connection, and these sudden "fluctuations" may be causing your disconnections.

Try playing with all the other computers in the network turned off, and see if makes a difference. If it does, then you got your culprit(s)...

See if enabling the DMZ Host feature of the router helps ...

U

Unregistered

Router Problem

Most routers have built in firewalls try disabling it in the software.

M

Memnoch

What OS is the machine that drops off running?

Microsoft has recenty added an update the addresses NAT for windows 2000 and XP. Not sure if this same update applies to 98 or 98ME as I don't use 98 but it might help to try it.

R

registered?

2 computer network

my linksys router works fine with battlefield on one computer only. Is it possible for both computers to play online within the same server? I only bought 1 game. I have a network of two (2) computers. I get an error when i first tried this.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.