Police funding

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Should police receive money from tickets, or just a fixed amount (or maybe adjusted by crime rate(s)/etc.)

while I am not saying to get rid of tickets, I think that the police shouldn't have a direct financial incentive to issue more - have the funds to to charity or education or anything else really, just not back directly to the police

any downsides? pros/cons?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
The police shouldn't get paid. Strictly volunteers, much like our elected officials, to ensure that they are only in it for the sake of goodness.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
The police shouldn't get paid. Strictly volunteers, much like our elected officials, to ensure that they are only in it for the sake of goodness.

they still need money for cars/prisons/insurance/training (you definitely wouldn't want completely untrained cops..)

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Not through the ticket !
Well, but " by other crime rates" That sounds better.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Not through the ticket !
Well, but " by other crime rates" That sounds better.

there are tons of statistics like break-ins, violent crimes, car crashes, that could be used to determine if the police are doing a good job or not and fund them accordingly

Zakyath

Reaction score
I would do it the other way around. When crime is low, you can cut costs. when crime is high, you have to invest more.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I would do it the other way around. When crime is low, you can cut costs. when crime is high, you have to invest more.

you might need to invest more as far as increasing the number of police officers out at any given but you should be cutting their salaries (especially of those in charge/management)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.