Portal to another dimension

Draqu

Reaction score
Hi,

How can I do such a thing:

The unit comes to a certain place (just by the multidimensional portal- I want to use this shiny portal thingy here) and is teleportated to a new map. Things which we need to do here is:
1. Download the new map (then we will want to get back to the original map after killing all the monsters)
1. Teleportate the unit/s from the region in question to this new map (and the other way round).

I tried to find the answer to this question in this forum, but I failed. So if you decide to remove my thread, please send me a link where such an answer can be found. My e-mail address is [email protected]

Thanks a lot. Thanks to you I will prepare the Mother of all Warcraft Maps.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
If it's a campaign, you can set "levels" and that way go between maps. Else, it's impossible. Unless you plan to make one single huge map.

Draqu

Reaction score
That's a good forum. Such a prompt response!

It's a single map (pretty big- 256x256). I just wanted to make this wow-effect and prepare several multidimensional portals.

I can remember that Warcraft guys used such portals in their Frozen Throne campaign (it's hard for me to remember in which map exactly).

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
See, that's a campaign, they can string together maps to make it seem longer. But if you're making something else, like an AOS or Tower Defense, you can't do so easily.

I'm not even sure if campaigns can be multiplayer.

Danis[h]

Reaction score
See, that's a campaign, they can string together maps to make it seem longer. But if you're making something else, like an AOS or Tower Defense, you can't do so easily.

I'm not even sure if campaigns can be multiplayer.

You cannot do this on battle.net with multiple players.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
However, you can make your map 480 X 480 and make different zones as if they were places.

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It can be done if you set camera bounds and exclude the areas with which is your "first dimension". If you then display a fog picture or Splat! (f you know what I mean) it is possible to have some semblance of a loading screen. Then reset your camera bounds to the "second dimension" and it should feel like a new map. :) Best of luck.

Draqu

Reaction score
Actually, the map is already finished. Perhaps, somebody could support me and add some triggers. 'Cause I have no idea about programming- I'm just a designer. If there is somebody who is ready to join this project, you will find my e-mail address at the very top of this thread. Then, we may exchange our ideas and prepare the best map ever.

The one which I prepared is pretty detailed. It contains about 35 000 items (dim. 256x256).

I need sb who can do this "another dimension" trick, add some extra spells (my heroes can cast only four basic spells), and staff like this. The second part of this project could be to do an RPG version of this map.

Immolation

Reaction score
1) I haven't really understand if the "best map ever, mother of all wc3 maps" is going to be multiplayer or singleplayer. If it's multi, you can't chain maps.

2) You know what happened(and happens) to maps that are like... umm... "best map ever", "mother of all maps", "most epic map ever" and such?

3) You need to learn triggering to make maps, terraining and lurking in the Object Editor doesn't make a map great(but they do help :D)

~Immo

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.