Possible to open Quests (F9) by force?

Razed

Reaction score
Just a fast question: Is it possible to open Quests (F9) for All Players of User Control by triggers? Like that once you reach the 'Event Region' the Quest Log pops up for everyone (so they are forced to 'read' what to do).

The reason I want this is because when I annouce in Game Chat through triggers that the Quest Log has been updated, literally nobody will open to check it.

P.S. I want this because many people get confused in my map what to do :p

Baltazhar

Reaction score
It's no possible to open the Quest log using GUI triggers, can't be sure about Jass. The only possibility you have is flashing it.

If your map is too complicated I would suggest one of two things:
1: Make your map less complicated, find some generel themes that are the same all the way, give your features name. And example could be "Flushed - When you enter the enemy bathroom, you automatically get flushed to your start location". That way players will connect that feature with the name Flushed, and it's easier to refer to. This is just a generel suggestion, since I've had some of the same problems in the map I'm working on.
2: Make sure there are short messages like "Note: You have no more toilet paper, check your |cffffcc00Quest Log (F9)|r for more info". Refer to the quest log with highlighted colors, to make them easily noticed.

Hope that helps just a little bit at least :)

- Balt

EDIT: Didn't see that thing about you making ingame messages - Try coloring them, that oftens helps. And be sure to keep them short, otherwise ppl wont bother reading them.

Razed

Reaction score
Heh, yea I get your point though. But my map is not THAT complicated. It's easy as this: Collect three items and return to them to the three gods to continue. If you enter the Gods' domain empty handed (no item in inventory) you get burned to -70% HP. But people just keep running to those gods -- not knowing what to do.

Hehe, but thanks (+rep). I'll get it fixed in an other way then.

Baltazhar

Reaction score
Hmm...

If possible, I would try to make a warning with a region, so players get warned. "You do not have the items required, the Gods will punish you for coming emptyhanded!".
You could also just prevent players from entering without the items, moving them a bit back with a message "You need the phat lewt"...

It's a hard situation with a lot of different methods, but it's all design, so it's up to you to make a workaround :)

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
Can't you use this command?
Code:
Game - Force Player 1 (Red) to press the key F9

Razed

Reaction score
Game - Force Player 1 (Red) to press the key F9

I tried it, but it's not doing anything. Perhaps there is a special code for F9? oO (in the trigger itself)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.