Problem with custom LAN games

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
OK hello everyone, it has been a while since I have been on this site =P

Anyways. I am home with my brother today and we are trying to play a custom game over LAN (my laptop and his desktop). However we are both running into a problem. We can play maps that come with Warcraft 3 over LAN, but when we try to host a custom map the game lags for about 2 seconds and the host is kicked back to the normal LAN screen. This happens on both computers. I have tried moving the map to different folders inside the Map folder to see if that is the problem but it did not resolve it.

Any help is appreciated.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
No actually I tried doing that and putting it in the same folder. It has something to do with the computer. On either one no custom maps are playable over LAN. When you select them and go to create game. It lags for a second and then it just goes back to the normal LAN menu. I tried reinstalling too.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Make sure you guys both have the same warcraft 3 client version ( it's at the bottom right of the main menu screen ), and make sure you have all ports forwarded if you're behind a router, and that all ports are allowed in any firewalls you may have.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Ok. I just noticed that they won't even work in single player now :eek:

eazyduzit

Reaction score
This happens to me with some older maps, i think its because the map you are trying to host is not up to date with the Warcraft version.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.