Proof that our country is headed in the wrong direction

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
well, if we're going to travel back in time like 20,000 years then yeah.
europeans getting to america was only bout 500 hundred years ago.

I say that if your family has lived in a place for 20 generations you are a native.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I find it stupid... you can celebrate your Mexican Heritage and your American persona at the same time. That's what your suppose to do, here. :confused:

I don't feel the need to take sides, but I do find that bringing up the issue that everyone was an immigrant doesn't entirely help the affirmatives case in this discussion. This isn't our country heading in the wrong direction, its kind of always been this way. But we are making improvements, at least it isn't violent. But what I mean to say is; People have dislike immigrants, its nothing new it was here ever since the country was founded even before that. Irish, Italians, Germans, Swedish, Polish, Japanese, Chinese, the list goes on. This isn't new.

This is not just for America, this is for every country, every culture, every society. Not everyone everywhere is going to like new people coming in that are different (such as Europeans passing laws against Islamic wear, etc. ), your going to have these issues pop up. This is one of them.

Over time it fixes itself, and they become part of the national identity, they already are starting to. However, the differences between the previous groups of people in the people coming in from Mexico is that there has never been such an astounding amount that come here illegally and its because of this, people start to lose their rational thinking out of fear of not knowing how their lives are going to change.

This is why the laws in Arizona are created, this is why there is some ridiculous tension with this student's outfit. This by no means, makes it acceptable for these actions but if you want to truly fix the issue you have to understand both sides of it.

So yeah its a stupid reason to get in trouble for. I don't support it, but there are reasons behind it. Its not like we citizens are all evil and hope to plot the downfall of immigrants. There is a lack of rational thinking or probably too much worrying. No matter what the case, the kid would win in court.

That's my two cents.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.