Question on Changes in Attack Rate and Attack Damage

Mindless

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm making a summoned unit that has a initial attack damage of 100 and a fast attack rate. What I'm hoping to achieve is to make the attack damage and attack speed of the unit decrease by a constant every time it attacks.

Is that possible? If so, how?

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Give the unit one ability that decreases the attack damage (like a negative item damage bonus) and one ability that decreases attack speed. Make the negative abilities decrease damage/speed more and more for each level, with a maximum limit where you want the minimum damage/attack speed for the unit. On level 1, these abilties should do nothing. Then trigger

Trigger:
  • Summon Attack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Level of (ANY OF THE TWO ABILITIES) for (Attacking unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Unit - Increase level of (-DAMAGE ABILITY) for (Attacking unit)
      • Unit - Increase level of (-ATTACK RATE ABILITY) for (Attacking unit)

The bad thing with this solution is that the damage will have a red -x number and attack speed will show red as if there is something changing the unit's attack (which there is :eek:)

Another way could be to add levels in an upgrade for the unit, but then it won't work if a player has several of the same summoned unit type in play at the same time.

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Here I think this is what you want? Reply if something isn't like it is suppose to be.

Attachments

• Temporary Strength.w3x
    21 KB · Views: 181

Mindless

Reaction score
Thank you for all the help.

I think I will go with Necrach's method. Just one question: if the attack damage goes to negative, does this mean it heals life on every attack?

Igor, correct me if I'm wrong, I think your method can be only used for Heroes. So I cannot implement it to my summoned unit. Actually, I don't really understand all parts of the code; it would be helpful if you can explain them in plain English.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.