Question

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to pause a game while everybody gets some time to choose their heroes. I use a hero arena choosing system btw if changes anything.

Thanks
+rep for solution

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
how do you mean?

like pausing all systems until all heroes are picked?

just set all triggers Initially Enabled to off and turn them on ingame when all heroes are picked or when certain amount of game time has elapsed

Uszi

Reaction score
There's probably a ton of ways to do it.

By hero arena system I assume you mean with circles of power and stuff.

One way would be wait to create the units until everyone has chosen. Like I move my selection unit onto hero A, then we remove my selection unit, and use variables to keep track of which hero I picked. When everyone has picked, then the map would contain 0 selection units. You could use this to trigger a boolean variable like, AllPlayersPick = True.

Then you create the units. So everyone spawns at the same time.

You could also spawn the players unit as soon as he picks it, and use the Unit-Pause Unit action. When everyone has finished picking, then unpause the unit.

There are tons of ways of keeping track of whether eveyrone has picked... You could use an integer, where the integer = # of selecting units, and when that integer = 0 everyone has selected. You could use a boolean... Plenty of ways.

Of course, I could be wrong about what you want. As far as making it so everyone has equal access to all of the heroes, that I don't know. The benefit of the tavern system is that you don't have to move a unit physically and race to a specific place. You could do things like set the collision of your selection units really low so they could walk through each other (or give them the ghost ability).

Let me know if you're looking for something more specific than that.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Yes, thats exactly what I want thank you. Unfortunately I'm not great with triggers. Could you make one out for me please :eek:

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
how do you mean?

like pausing all systems until all heroes are picked?

just set all triggers Initially Enabled to off and turn them on ingame when all heroes are picked or when certain amount of game time has elapsed

How do I turn them on in-game? (this is my first map so bear with me :p)

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 60.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on (some_trigger)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.