Quick Question: Roar Vs. Howl

Flamesword

Reaction score
As we all probably know, the designers reused a couple of the same abilities and gave them varying stats for different units. Defend and Magic Defence, for example, have the same capibilities except the data having different numbers. Using them in-game, the units use them the same way, even down to raising their shields.
Roar and Howl of Terror, on the other hand, are unusual. Looking at them in the editor, they both have the exact same setup and data. They both even have Damage Increase (%) at .25. What makes them so odd is that Roar is supposed to buff allies while Howl of Terror debuff enemies. Stats - Targets Allowed in both of these abilities properly reflect what they're supposed to do, but the way the data listing keep saying "increase" suggests that they should both be buffs.
Does changing "Friend" to "Enemy" in the Targets Allowed listing really reverse what an ability does, or is Howl of Terror intrinsically programmed differently and improperly worded?

Yoshii

Reaction score
howl debuff enemies giving them -% dmg it say increase in editor but its actually decrease; I know cuz one of my hero use it in my map:)

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
HoT is a negative buff. While Roar is a positive buff. They're different even though the field may look the same.

> Does changing "Friend" to "Enemy" in the Targets Allowed listing really reverse what an ability does

It doesn't. It just changes the targets allowed (obviously :p).

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Interesting note, it you have both to a hero and changed howl of terror from 0.25 to -0.25 you can make two of the same spell.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.