Health Rare condition gives toddler super strength

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
ROOSEVELT PARK, Mich. -- Liam Hoekstra was hanging upside down by his feet when he performed an inverted sit-up, his shirt falling away to expose rippled abdominal muscles.

It was a display of raw power one might expect to see from an Olympic gymnast.

Liam is 19 months old.

But this precocious, 22-pound boy with coffee-colored skin, curly hair and washboard abs is far from a typical toddler.

Last edited by a moderator:

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Wow. That would have been awesome to have ><
Wonder if there are any side-effects.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
It was stated that he couldn't acquire the healthy amount of body fat needed for kids his age because of his metabolism.

johnnyfire

Reaction score
I have a friend with a high metabolism... he has 3 time the normal white blood cell count that a normal person has, but no super-strength

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Wow. That would have been awesome to have ><
Wonder if there are any side-effects.
This is the real world. The only ways to do crap with that condition:
-Manual labor. Unfortuanately, you probably wont be able to feed yourself because of the food you need, and thats even counting that you are completely homeless and debtless.
-Athletics, and you need actual talent as well to get into the REALLY big paying stuff.

Seriously, that condition IRL would be a retarted money hole.

BlueSin

Reaction score
This is the real world. The only ways to do crap with that condition:
-Manual labor. Unfortuanately, you probably wont be able to feed yourself because of the food you need, and thats even counting that you are completely homeless and debtless.
-Athletics, and you need actual talent as well to get into the REALLY big paying stuff.

Seriously, that condition IRL would be a retarted money hole.

Somebody's jealous...

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Somebody's jealous...

Jealous that I won't get completely screwed and starving to death if the economy crashes within the next couple years (and it looks like it might)?

k.

Let's face it, if you eat 6 full meals a day as a 19-month-old just to stay alive, you're going to be dead if you're 5 years old and suddenly food is limited.

Take pride in having a metabolism that can support itself on small portions of Hot Tamales if need be.

Rad

Reaction score
He wouldnt die of starvation, two words: top ramen

Economy wont crash either, its doing fine, name one thing that isnt? With the exclusion of gas... but im sure thats temporary, and will probrably be fixed some way in that next couple of years :)

biofuel?

H

hobo-orc

daaaaang

HOLY (enter expletive here)! but what do they mean by "no side effects" while in the same article they mention the fact that without 6 meals a day (and the number will probably grow), he wont be healthy?

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
He wouldnt die of starvation, two words: top ramen

Economy wont crash either, its doing fine, name one thing that isnt? With the exclusion of gas... but im sure thats temporary, and will probrably be fixed some way in that next couple of years :)

biofuel?
-The USA's balance of trade is a complete joke.
-Inflation is still an issue.
-In absolute value, the USA has the highest debt of any country in the world. Absolute value isn't a very good thing to go on with that, but it is a bit embarrasing for a country that is supposed to have economical awesomeness.
-Loads of money is going into useless stuff eg the middle of the desert several thousand miles away. Pretty much, a bunch of stuff with zero value return.
-The upper class is becoming insanely powerful and the middle class is merging with the lower class. A middle class has been important for income for hundreds of years.

Anyhow, if you think we'e short on gas, you haven't been paying attention. The reason gas prices are so high is because the oil buisnessess are abusing everyone. They send a lot less gas into the US than they are capable of simply because with how supply and demand works, they can make just as much money off sending a little bit of gas in as they can from sending a lot of gas in, because if they onlyell a little bit of gas, each little bit costs a WTFLOAD. Biofuel won't fix this cuz they same people will start abusing that too. The only way that gas will be fixed is if the pseudo-monopolies on fuel are broken. And they won't be because it's impossible to fund a counter-project against an overcapitalized system. The only way for it to fall is to completely rework the system, which would likely require an overthrow of government.
Capitalism overcapitalizes. Which is why IMO communism would be a hell of a lot better if someone attached it to a buearacracy that is somehow controlled to not redtapitize.
Well, I suppose another fix would be if cars suddenly weren't a method of transportation for some reason. But that prolly won't happen.

If you compare the currencies of first-world powers, it's evident that other powers are gaining on us. In 2000, 1 US dollar was worth .66 pounds. Now, a USD is worth around .51 pounds.

The economy is for sure not doing very fine.

Tonks

Reaction score
I'd hate to have to close this thread.

Please calm down.

I would say that a bit of political debate shouldn't be reason to close. Mindless flaming, yes, but right now everyone's presenting a reasonable argument, not just "omg my kuntry pwns yours." When it comes to that, I'd agree with you. But right now it's good, clean, debate.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
I would say that a bit of political debate shouldn't be reason to close. Mindless flaming, yes, but right now everyone's presenting a reasonable argument, not just "omg my kuntry pwns yours." When it comes to that, I'd agree with you. But right now it's good, clean, debate.

Political debate isn't part of this thread. In lamen's terms: its spam and useless at that.

[on topic]

There are going to be enough supplemental medicines when he gets older so I doubt he will have worse problems than just living.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
they have been doing research on this, if you search for myostatin cows, you can see genetically altered cows with huge bulding muscles, it is sick, however, I think that testing has begun with humans, regarding myostatin blockers, and similar results have not been seen

there are many drugs out now that say they are myostatin blockers, however the FDA and other papers have shown that none of them work as they say, and have no significant effect on myostatin accumulation in the body

I am still waiting on them to finally figure out how it works in humans so that i can get my hands on some real myostatin blockers, then I will be huge

the only problem is, that due to a minimal number of reported cases, we have no long term tests to determine the side effects of such a disease, these kids could have a max lief span of 20 years for all we know

it will be very interesting to see where this goes in the future, I just wish i could be a part of the testing process :)

DuckieKing

Elitist Through and Through
Reaction score
The only way that gas will be fixed is if the pseudo-monopolies on fuel are broken.
Oligopoly? =D

I have a relatively high metabolic rate, but still within the norm. I build muscle fast whenever I'm not too lazy to go to the gym, which is a month out of every year, and a DiGiorno pizza minus the crust is a full meal for me. If he has to eat much more than I do, I feel sorry for him, because it's already an expense. ;p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.