Receiving errors upon copying triggers from other maps

marvey323

Reaction score
Hi there.

I am new at wc3 map making and I always encounter an error when trying to copy triggers from other maps (be it for skills or units or initializations etc).

Errors such as:
Trigger "xxx" has been disabled due to errors.

I believe there is a setting in wc3 editor that fixes this issue with all triggers being copied from other maps but I cant find the setting. I've been trying for quite some time now without luck. This error even occurs when i simply open an unprotected map and then just click the save button to overwrite the file WITHOUT doing a single change whatsoever and still get the trigger errors!!!

Thanks in advance !

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
File > Preferences > General > "Automatically create unknown variables when pasting trigger data"

Check that box, then re-copy all the stuff you copied back into your map again.

marvey323

Reaction score
I tried what you suggested and I still get errors every single time I try to copy any trigger from anyones map. I changed the code (A001 N002 etc etc) appropriately but still gives me errors !

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
It's karma telling you to stop stealing other ppl's code and make your own :p

marvey323

Reaction score
I can't make my own code when Im starting off fresh with whole thing so can you be a little more helpful? =.=

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
...you changed what code appropriately? Do you mean (GUI) triggers, or JASS script?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> you changed what code appropriately?

Well, based on
" simply open an unprotected map and then just click the save button to overwrite the file WITHOUT doing a single change whatsoever and still get the trigger errors ",
my suggestion would be to re-install. Preferably a legit version.

marvey323

Reaction score
I do have a legit version of wc3.

I followed the steps to import skills from the readme included in most of people's work and the problem lies here I think:

"After you copied everything from the object editor into your map go to the map header
(where it says Burning Steps.w3x) and copy everything in there into your map header. Make
sure you copy everything there."

I'm not sure what the 'map header' is and where I can find it. It's not very clear in that explanation.

neetmaster

Reaction score
open your map
go to trigger editor

look at the left field, top of it you will see your map name.

click at it
you'll see a code field for it

thats your map header

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
So to answer saw's question, it's JASS script.

If you don't know JASS, how are you going to use or edit these triggers? Nobody gets satisfaction in being original these days. Sorry for the flame :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.