Recipe code not working

PaladinHeart

Reaction score
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? The basic idea is to take any 6 power up items (which i've limited to only food types) and turn it into one item with extra charges. It doesn't create the item at all though.

Trigger:
  • Kitchen Recipes Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Hero manipulating item) Equal to Kitchen Stove 0315 <gen>
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Powerup
          • ((Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 1) is A powerup) Equal to True
          • ((Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 2) is A powerup) Equal to True
          • ((Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 3) is A powerup) Equal to True
          • ((Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 4) is A powerup) Equal to True
          • ((Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 5) is A powerup) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Create Hodgepodge Gruel and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
          • Item - Set charges remaining in (Last created item) to ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 2)) + ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 1)) + ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 3)) + ((Charges remaining in
          • Item - Set charges remaining in (Last created item) to ((Charges remaining in (Last created item)) x 2)
          • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 1)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 2)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 3)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 4)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 5)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

PaladinHeart

Reaction score
Ah, my bad. Although that one line that was unreadable doesn't seem relevant, since the trigger doesn't seem to get that far. Should I temp disable all actions after "create item" and see what happens?

Theoretically, all 6 items should be destroyed and the new item should appear on the floor near the unit, but none of the actions are firing.

I'm either doing something wrong, or I've put so much information in the map that new triggers are not firing. Hopefully I've just done something wrong (although the other thing is possible >.<).

Tylarion

Reaction score
You want it to trigger when you get the 6th powerup? As the trigger is written now it should trigger at getting the 5th powerup.
Also you are giving the item before removing any items, thus the hero has a full inventory.

What exactly happens when you try to run the trigger, do the given powerups stay in the inventory?

PaladinHeart

Reaction score
Yes, the hero has 6 powerups. The trigger does not fire when the hero obtains neither 5 nor the 6th powerup. So if it is designed for 5 powerups then I think it should have fired when the hero was given the 5th powerup. Right?

The powerups all stay in the hero's inventory and nothing happens at all.

canons200

Reaction score
well, base on your trigger, your trigger will fire only when your unit acquires an item and with the condition>>>>>from first slot until 5th slot, the item power up must exist in order to further action.

so only 5 power up is required?

PaladinHeart

Reaction score
This trigger simply isn't going to work so I decided to use most powerups to charge up an ability's level, and then when a particular item type is used it draws levels from the ability, removes the item, and creates a new item. It should theoretically work much better, although I haven't tested it in-game yet.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.