retail box authentication key

rax_7

Reaction score
i borrowed my friend's wow cd and installed both original and the expansion into my pc. when i sign up an account, i need a retail box authentication key. so i plan to buy it. since i have both original and the expansion, do i need to the expansion game too? or i only need to buy the original Wow game?

by the way, can i just simply go buy the 60 days game card? or do i have to buy the whole game?

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You need both

-The original key, to create your account
-The Burning Crusade key to upgrade your account for expansion content (unless you want to play as Draenei or Blood Elf, this is pretty pointless until you get close to lvl 60, so you can buy this later if you want.)

When they release the next expansion you'll need that key too if you want to access that content

If you want a free trial of the game you can go here: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/trial/index.html (and then upgrade later, either by buying a key from them online or by buying a boxed copy and typing in the keys.)

The actual CDs don't matter- you can actually download the whole game legally from Blizzard. It's those key numbers that you really pay for (well you get a nice box and a nice but outdated manual if you buy the game from the store.)

When you buy the game they give you a free 30 days but you'll need game cards or a credit card subscription after that. But you still have to pay for your authentication key initially (except for the 10-day trial which is limited in terms of maximum lvl etc.)

rax_7

Reaction score
damn blizzard, so i need to buy both, total $60 in order to play the burning crusade

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Ya it's all about money!! :)

~$60.00 upfront and then about $14.99/month after the first 30 days (depending on your billing plan.)

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Game cards can't extend trial periods, and trial accounts are limited to lvl 10 and have a lot of features disabled. You can upgrade the account by either buying a box and typing in the key, or buying a key online from Blizzard (same price as the box basically.)

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
they have the new battlechest out for WoW which is like $40 for both games and a guide, i think that's how much it was...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.