Spellpack Ride/slide the Lightning

Void

Reaction score
First spellpack, second+third spells. They are very similar. Name from Ride the Lightning by Metallica.
*sigh* So many views, so few replies. Please give feedback!!! :eek:

Remaking Ride the Lightning ATM.

Ride the Lightning

Pros:
- Appears to be MUI (it's an instant spell) (3)
- Leakless (3)
- Works (N/A, 1)
- Easy to import (1)

Cons:
- Not very eye-candylicious (-2)

Score: +8 pro, -2 con, +6 points total.

Slide the Lightning

Pros:
- Leakless (3)
- Works (N/A, 1)
- Easy to Import (1)

Cons:
- Not MUI (-3)
- Choppy movement (-1)

Score: +5 pro, -4 con, +1 points total.

Hopefully you like my spells! :D
More coming soon.

@Andrewgosu -- Sorry, imageshack again, I cba to sign up for Photobucket, too many offers to click "NO" on. :p

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
are they both the same?
and can u add description?
- MUI (because it's instant), well technically not MUI but who is going to use 2 spells the exact same millisecond? o_O (3)
then it's not MUI even with millisecond and i remember playing with other and got to make the same spell at the same (+ or -) so it still can happen so it's still count as not MUI even this few milliseconds

Estel3

Reaction score
I don't understand the difference between the spells. I looked at the triggers and they are the same, except that you pause/unpause the hero in "Slide" and not in "Ride".

Not bad spells but not awesome. I don't know what could be done to improve the abilities but I can't think of a situation where I would prefer this to blink or something like that.

Void

Reaction score
are they both the same?
and can u add description?

then it's not MUI even with millisecond and i remember playing with other and got to make the same spell at the same (+ or -) so it still can happen so it's still count as not MUI even this few milliseconds

I said not technically.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
I tested your map. I didn't look at the triggering at all but I found some mistakes with it none the less. First off there was only one spell the Lightning Ride. Don't know if that was intended or not but that's how it was. Second whenever you cast it these little yellow dots would be left behind and would never go away. Finally you can get stuck behind trees with no way of getting out and if you try to Lightning Ride out this happens:

WTF.jpg

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
ok...now...

>>Mui
Means it is multi unit intansten..(how spell adi?)
But yours are definately not...although it is just a super little gap between time.

1.And...now i tested the spell...the 2 spell collide to each other...which means when u use ride...cding...u use slide...then when u use b ride...it straight become slide?

2.Why not turn black mask and fog off?

3.seems there are no leaks...nice

4.The slide of lightning...when i hits the tree...i got stuck infront of the tree?what should i do? for the 5-10 seconds...

5.there is nothing diff about ride and slide....just ride faster than slide only...

+rep to u for making spell and put effort on editing it ^^

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
After you have used Ride the Lightning once, both Ride and Slide the Lightning are instantly casted. Both spells also has a group and location leak.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Spell submission rules said:
-Make it easy to test
Add useful functions such as this one, which restores hp, mana, and cooldowns.

I really don't like to restart maps.

Spells submission rules said:
-Add some implementation instructions
Add a small ReadMe as a disabled custom text trigger or as a trigger comment to your map or do something similar to make implementing easier. Put some info on the global variables used, the base spell, the systems used (if any), the dummy units etc.

Speaks for itself.

--------------------

Don't base 2 spells off the same spell. When I tried first to cast Ride the Lightning it casted Slide the Lightning because they share the same order string.

> Set temploc = ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 35.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees)

You need to set (Position of (Triggering unit)) in a point variable too and remove it.

Slide the Lightning doesn't look smooth at all. It also takes way too much time before it reaches its destination. Use periodic timer events. Play the caster's run animation.

Edit: There's a group leak also ;)

Void

Reaction score
>Slide the Lightning doesn't look smooth at all. It also takes way too much time before it reaches its destination. Use periodic timer events. Play the caster's run animation.

I already stated that in the spell description, no need to restate it. Working on it ATM.

>There's a group leak too

Yeah I figured that trigger would leak ><

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you updating this soon? Removing it from the approval list otherwise.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.