Rune Power Up - Multiple Abilities

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
Okay, I'm not even sure if this is possible but... I want to create a rune, so that when a person picks it up (the powerup) they gain faster movement speed, faster attack speed, and an orb of fire effect (fire damage and +damage).

The movement speed part works. I have the rune item setup with the 3 abilities, but the Fire damage and attack speed bonus will not work when the rune is picked up.

Any idea on how to make this work?

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Create a trigger.. when the unit picks that powerup, add the abilities to the triggering unit increasing movement speed / attack speed / adding the fire, wait <the time of your ability>, and remove all these abilities from the triggering unit.

If you want the movement/attack speed to be a buff, use a dummy unit casting Bloodlust on the triggering unit.

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
Create a trigger.. when the unit picks that powerup, add the abilities to the triggering unit increasing movement speed / attack speed / adding the fire, wait <the time of your ability>, and remove all these abilities from the triggering unit.

If you want the movement/attack speed to be a buff, use a dummy unit casting Bloodlust on the triggering unit.

I tried using this trigger, already:

Code:
Blazing Speed Effect
    Events
        Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    Conditions
        (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Rune of Blazing Speed
    Actions
        Set FireRune[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] = True
        Unit - Add Rune Fire Attack  to (Hero manipulating item)
        Unit - Add Rune of Speed to (Hero manipulating item)
        Unit - Add Rune Attack Speed (Greater) to (Hero manipulating item)
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: (PlayerNames[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] +  |cffFF4500has aquired a FIRE RUNE!  He is blazing fast and can walk on lava!  Watch out!|r)
        Wait 15.00 seconds
        Unit - Remove Rune Attack Speed (Greater) from (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Remove Rune Fire Attack  from (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Remove Rune of Speed from (Triggering unit)
        Set FireRune[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] = False

(the firerune variable is for something else on the map)

Doing this granted me the same effect, only the movement speed part worked. I guess the dummy unit would work though, ill try that, just seems like I shouldn't have to go through so much simply to get a rune to buff me with this crap...

EDIT: Okay, I figured some of it out. The reason the trigger wasnt working was because its a power up, and the rune of speed powerup ability is designed to give you temporary speed whether you still possess the "rune item" or not. The attackspeed/fire abilities are designed to only give you the effect if you possess the item, and when you use a rune, you only possess the item for a split second. So... I removed all the abilities from the rune and allowed it to rely completely on the trigger.

It works now, but the only problem is that those effects dont activate unless i CLICK on the ability that it just added to my hero... :p

EDIT: Again. Fixed. Needed to add the fast rune ability to the rune, and thats it. And let the other abilities rely on the triggers.

Thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.