Shades Leave a Corpse?

Derek0

Reaction score
Is there any way I can make shades and other non-corpse leaving units to leave a corpse? I have a trigger that takes 6 secconds while creating effects at that unit, but since a shade doesn't leave a corpse, it's gone and it only targets the center of the map. I cannot use a variable, becuase there could be multiple shades dying at one time, and the variable can only keep track of one. An array would only limit the number of units this trigger can affect. I tried turning all the decay times up in Gameplay Constants, and I tried turning the death type to "Can Raise" and "Does Decay", but with no avail. Any ideas?

EDIT: The trigger is on the 3rd post.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> I have a trigger that takes 6 secconds and then has to create an effect at that unit, but since a shade doesn't leave a corpse, it's gone and it only targets the center of the map.
this sounds wrong. all units except for heroes stay on the map for about 90 seconds after their decay animation (shade doesn't have this, but regardless). post your trigger.

Derek0

Reaction score
Actually, the trigger is not as small as I made it seem. This trigger is to re-create Rain of Fire in my maul, because before when I had him cast Rain of Fire, the creeps would attack. Here is my trigger code:
Code:
Rain of Fire
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Rain of Fire
    Actions
        -------- 6 Waves --------
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                -------- 10 shards per wave, randomly placed --------
                For each (Integer B) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Attacked unit)) offset by ((Random real number between -200.00 and 200.00), (Random real number between -200.00 and 200.00))) using Abilities\Spells\Demon\RainOfFire\RainOfFireTarget.mdl
                -------- Wait for the shards to hit the ground --------
                Wait 1.00 game-time seconds
                -------- Pick every unit in the shards area --------
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Region centered at (Position of (Attacked unit)) with size (400.00, 400.00)) owned by Player 12 (Brown)) and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        -------- Do the damage --------
                        Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - 150.00)
                        -------- Check for death --------
                        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                            If - Conditions
                                ((Picked unit) is dead) Equal to True
                                (Custom value of (Picked unit)) Not equal to 1234
                            Then - Actions
                                -------- Add the bounty --------
                                Player - Add (Point-value of (Picked unit)) to (Owner of (Attacking unit)) Current gold
                                -------- Do the bounty text --------
                                Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (+ + (String((Point-value of (Picked unit))))) at (Position of (Picked unit)) with Z offset 50.00, using font size 10.00, color (78.00%, 90.00%, 8.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                                Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
                                Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
                                Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
                                -------- Mark the unit so it will not give more bounty in the next wave --------
                                Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to 1234
                            Else - Actions
As you can see from the comments, there are 6 waves of shards, each with 10 shards. It puts a 1 seccond pause between waves, for the shards to hit the ground. Then, it damages every unit under the shards, gives the bounty, then marks the unit so the next wave wont re-give the bounty.

My problem is this: after 2 waves or so, (Position of (Attacked unit) moves to the center of the map. I guessed it was because the shades didn't leave a corpse, thus they weren't there any more and the map couldn't find them.

Now I feel really stupid for asking this before checking, but it may be becase the maul I edited mine from may have had a trigger at some point to move them to the center (or just plain remove them), I will have to look when I get home. :banghead:

Is there a reason for mauls to remove a unit after 2 or so secconds?

EDIT: Yeah, I'm officially stupid. :banghead: I found the remove trigger and edited the time from 3 sec to 8 sec, now my 6 waves all happen at the units position.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.