shadow strike question?

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
what does the decay power field mean?

"Data - Attack Speed Factor" -> What the targets attack speed is while under the Shadow Strike effect
"Data - Decay Power" -> How many seconds it will take for another damage tick to go off
"Data - Decaying Damage" -> How powerful the ticks are
"Data - Initial Damage" -> How much initial damage the Shadow Strike ability does
"Data - Movement Speed Factor" -> What the targets movement speed is while under the Shadow Strike effect

:)

NotInTheFace

Reaction score
Small correction:
The Cast Time is how many seconds between damage ticks.

I believe the Decay Power has to do with how long the slow lasts.

Solu9

Reaction score
Small correction:
The Cast Time is how many seconds between damage ticks.

I believe the Decay Power has to do with how long the slow lasts.

Cast time is how long it will take before the spell is cast (clicked on target) till is actually fires.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
The ability is not considered 'Cast' until the Cast Time is completed.
Once completed, it triggers animations and Triggered Effects.

Decay Power has to do with something related to the duration or strength of recovery from the Slow/Disable.

NotInTheFace

Reaction score
Cast time is how long it will take before the spell is cast (clicked on target) till is actually fires.

For most spells, yes. For Shadow Strike, it is the time between damage ticks. Screwy? Yes. But just open a test map and change Cast Time of Shadow Strike to 0.5 and see what happens.

NotInTheFace

Reaction score
The ability is not considered 'Cast' until the Cast Time is completed.
Once completed, it triggers animations and Triggered Effects.

Shadow Strike is an exception to this rule.

Decay Power has to do with something related to the duration or strength of recovery from the Slow/Disable.

This is correct. After some testing, it appears that Decay Power for Shadow Strike controls how many steps the slow effect goes through before it's gone. If your slow is 50%, and your Decay Power is 3, I think the slow will be 50%, then 33%, then 17%, then 0%. I'm not sure if the interval between steps of the speed recovery is Duration divided by Decay Power, or 1 second or something else.

Solu9

Reaction score
This is correct. After some testing, it appears that Decay Power for Shadow Strike controls how many steps the slow effect goes through before it's gone. If your slow is 50%, and your Decay Power is 3, I think the slow will be 50%, then 33%, then 17%, then 0%. I'm not sure if the interval between steps of the speed recovery is Duration divided by Decay Power, or 1 second or something else.

If you have tested it, I believe you and stand corrected :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.