WIP Shamansim

BluMist

Reaction score
Shamanism
map idea by BluMist
Introduction: Thank you for your time and patience and let us begin. The main goal of the game is to destroy your enemies Fortress, which is located in the middle of their base. There will be two teams of five and it will be a classic setting of a red vs blue senario. Red team's base will be located on the bottem, while blue team's base will be located on the top of the map. In order to even attempt entering the enemies base, your team would have to capture all the control points, only then will you be able to destroy the enemy teams fortress. This game is not what you think already, theres alot of unique qwerks i have thought of :) read on
NOTE: i will refer the box in the lower right hand corner of the screen in game with the spells and "stop" "hold position" as the skill box :b

The Story: Heres how the story of my game goes; Two of the biggest and strongest orc clans waged war against each other for land and food. Both clans have a group of elite orc warriors called the shamans. The shamans will lead their fellow breathern into war with powerful spells and enchantments.

Capture Points: Capture points are buildings or locations that you can capture by attacking an enemy capture point or a neutral one several times ( it is faster with more people attacking it) Only player controled shamans may capture a point. I will explain the different types of capture points below.
Control Points: These are the most important points in the game, despite they do nothing but enable you to destroy the enemy's base and fortress when u capture all of them ( iam thinking 3 capture points?)
Goldmines: When captured The owning team will gain steady income as long as they control it. there will be 2 gold mines.
Sentries: When captured it will give a large vision to the owning team in an area around the sentry.
Fountain(blue/red): The blue fountain will give a greatly increased mana regen in a small area around it, and it will give slight mana regen globally. the red one does the same but for hp. one of each color.
Other Capture points: more will be added in the future.

The Shaman: Everyone gets the same shaman in the beginning and as the game goes on, each shaman will be unique according to how the player chooses to put their points and how they play the shaman. The shaman's max level is level 20 as of now. There are multiple ways of gaining expierence and gold, I will explain the systems later.

The Imbue System: In the beginning of the game you will be able to imbue your shaman with one of the three elements: storm, earth, and fire. At level 10 you get the choice of imbueing your shaman once again with the same element or a different one.
Storm- Your shaman becomes an intelligence hero and gains ranged attack. You will have a permenant buff that increases mana regeneration a slight better than the other elements. When ever you cast a storm based spell you have the chance to purge and mana burn who ever you hit. (notice these are all going to be small numbers because alot of things are going to stack)
Earth- You shaman becomes a strength hero, attack base become stronger but slower as well. You will have a permenant buff that increases hp regeneration and maximum hp slightly better than the others. When ever you cast an earth based spell, you have a small chance to ministun who ever getss it and a small slow afterwards.
Fire- You shaman becomes an agility hero, attack base becomes weaker but you gain faster attack speed. You will have a permenant buff that inscreases movement speed. When ever you cast a fire based spell you have a small chance to light your enemy's on fire and take additional dps from fire damage.

Perk System: When you level up your shaman, you wont have spells as your skills. Your perks will be skills that enhance your hero passively. At level 10 you have a choice to imbue your shaman with a second element or master your current one, allowing you to improve your current perks and ahve access to more powerful ones.

Default Skills: Each shaman will have 2 default spells; one the summon spell circle, two the mana link.

Spells: Youve been wondering where the spells were in this game, and here it is. In short, spells are the items. You combine reagents in a building back at base and you get the spell, it has a one time use and stacks in inventory. In case your wondering; spells DO NOT take alot of GOLD to create.Some spells will have long cd's or short ones or maybe none at all!
The spell system a closer look-> When you click the spell you want in the inventory, it gives you a buff and the spell u want appears in the skill box. the buff is timed and u will lose the ability to cast it if u dont use it on time. When you use the same spell alot, it becomes stronger and "levels up", some of these spells give u hidden buffs as well.

Group Spells: some spells require massive ammounts of mana to cast. And you cant possibly cast it with your small mana pool. So you click the spell in the inventory, and summon a spell circle. Your teammates can pool mana into the spell circle via mana link and when the spell circle has the amount of mana u need to cast it, the spell becomes available in your skill box and you can then cast it.

The goal for the spells is to have very unique spells, where it isnt just damage slow or stun. I want this game to have teamwork as the core to winning, as a bunch of level 1 pro's can certainly defeat a bunch of level 20 noobs. Sorry for the messy text, but you have a question i can answer it.
NOTE: this game is in production and I AM IN NEED OF DIRE HELP.
AIM: duhmigitmafia
<3 love you all

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
So... Do you need help or was this advertisement?

BluMist

Reaction score
i need help XD, im working on this with my brother, hes the one with the map making skills and I have the ideas... and he tells me now he needs help with this map -O- so yeah i need help creating it zzz.
how do you like the idea of it so far?

Renendaru

Reaction score
If you ever need help only, just post in the World Editor Help Forum, if it's members then try posting on the Ad Wall.

BluMist

Reaction score
yeah i just need all the help i can get haha, wanna make this map work, as in get people to work on it wit me.

Renendaru

Reaction score
I'd help myself, but I'm working with 3 other map makers as it is. Wish your map the best of luck.

Renendaru

Reaction score
My question is what do control points, shamans, and fortresses have in common? Other than that, it sounds like a classic AoS, with a twist of control points.

BluMist

Reaction score
It's the whole orc setting, where the fortress is the main building or in dota terms the "ancient". and yes it is at its core a classic AoS with a twist of control points. the shaman's are the elite in war and i choose them to be the player controlled unit, and the control points basically when u lose control of all of them, a barrier that prevents the enemey units from entering is removed untill u get atleast one control point back. :b lulz

BluMist

Reaction score
If anyone wants to help make this PM me or contact me through aim, posted my sn above; im trying to get a team started because this is an ambitious project, if your looking for something different or unqiue come join :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.