Showing threads as "read"

the Lumpy

►►►
Reaction score
I'm having a problem where it won't update the time that I last visited. So whenever I come back to the forum page all the threads with posts after 7:41 AM this morning are bold, even though I already read them! :banghead:

Thanks in advance.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
the Lumpy, try viewing new threads with the New Posts feature located at the top forum control bar.

the Lumpy

►►►
Reaction score
Well, I came here again this morning and the time had updated to when I was there last night at 10:00. And then I came on again now and it said 7:41 again and I was like :banghead: . But then I figured out that I was on here at 7:41 this morning. :eek:

Do you have any idea why it only updates sometimes? Using the New Posts thing didn't help. :(

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
No, it does that to me as well. What I do is use the New Posts feature, read all the posts that I want to then go back to the forums page and click Mark Forums Read at the bottom. That always takes care of it.

I am guessing the problem stems from the Bulletin Board software's use of cookies but I have not been able to pinpoint exactly the problem. I will continue to look into it though. Thanks for the report.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.