Skill Pit of Malice (Pit Lord - DotA)

Le Pous

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am practicing to create a new skill Circle Pit liked Pit of Malice in DotA. Everything is quite good, only effect has problems. If cooldown of the skill < 6s (period "survival" of effect), the last effect will be removed, but the first won't. Can you help me to finish this skill, or guide me to create the skill like Pit of Malice. Thank you very much. Here is my code :

Code:
Circle Pit
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Circle Pit 
    Actions
        [B]Set CirclePitTimes = (CirclePitTimes + 1)[/B]
        Set CirclePitCaster = (Casting unit)
        Set CirclePitTargetPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
        Set CirlcePitRegion = (Region centered at CirclePitTargetPoint with size (410.00, 400.00))
        Set CirclePitStopGroup = (Units within 410.00 of CirclePitTargetPoint matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of CirclePitCaster)) Equal to True))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in CirclePitStopGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set CirclePitStopVictim = (Picked unit)
                Set CirclePitPickLoc = (Position of CirclePitStopVictim)
                Unit Group - Remove CirclePitStopVictim from CirclePitGroup
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy Human (Stand) for (Owner of CirclePitCaster) at CirclePitPickLoc facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Add Circle Pit Effect (Senth) to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Set level of Circle Pit Effect (Senth) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Circle Pit  for CirclePitCaster)
                Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Raider - Ensnare CirclePitStopVictim
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_CirclePitPickLoc)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 16, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set CirclePitPoint[((Integer A) + (CirclePitTimes x 16))] = (CirclePitTargetPoint offset by 365.00 towards (22.50 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at CirclePitPoint[((Integer A) + (CirclePitTimes x 16))] using Abilities\Spells\Undead\Graveyard\GraveMarker.mdl
                Set CirclePitEffect[((Integer A) + (CirclePitTimes x 16))] = (Last created special effect)
        Wait 6.00 seconds
        Set CirlcePitRegion = No region
        For each (Integer B) from 1 to 16, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                [B]Special Effect - Destroy CirclePitEffect[((Integer B) + (CirclePitTimes x 16))][/B]

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
1. You don't address and ask help for dota abilities via name, you explain what it does.
2. If you want it mui, there are tutorials for that, and there is a search function for that.

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
please tell us what it is supposed to achieve, not all of us play dota.

Le Pous

Reaction score
Sorry about my lacking information about the skill. Here some intro of this skill : Pit of Malice :

A deadly pit is conjured at target location. Any unit that enters it becomes corrupted with malicious forces and are unable to move for some time.

Pit Lord summons a pit that lasts for 10 seconds. All units that went inside the AoE of the pit will get Ensnared.

And I try to creat the skill like this, but I'm failure to remove the special effect. If you could help me, I'm very grateful to you. Thanks.

Naga'sShadow

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
He's using the GUI local variables aren't possible. The way I see it your going to need two triggers the first to create the pit and the second to ensnare anything that wanders in it. Otherwise it will just be an aoe ensnare.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.