Skip Remaining Actions not working while in a Player or Unit Group loop

bugbear

Reaction score
After hours of large headaches with a piece of my code, i finally came to the conclusion (supported with some thorough testing) that the "skip remaining actions" function does not work properly when used with a player group loop or unit group loop, but does in a for loop. Any idea why this is?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
After hours of large headaches with a piece of my code, i finally came to the conclusion (supported with some thorough testing) that the "skip remaining actions" function does not work properly when used with a player group loop or unit group loop, but does in a for loop. Any idea why this is?

player group and unit group loops in jass require another function. For every unit in the group, the function is *basically* called with the unit.

Skip Remaining Actions translates to return. returning means to return a value to the calling function (in this case, nothing) and go to the end of the function. However, because unit/player group loops are seperate function, running a Skip Remaining Actions inside it will cause it only to skip the actions of the unit.

In a For (Integer ...) ... loop, there is no function that is called.

Easiest way to *skip remaining actions* would probably be to set a boolean to true, and have an if-then-else check to see if the boolean is true when the loop is finished. If it is, Skip Remaining Actions.

bugbear

Reaction score
Ya, the bool with the if statement trick is what I had to end up doing. Thank you for your explanation; that's what i assumed, but its nice to hear it as a fact.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.