Some (hopefully) basic questions

Burningicce9

Cool Member
Reaction score
1) how do i cast a custom unit on ability. I know i can create a dummy and have it cast/use *spell* on the unit, but the only trigger i foudn its

Unit - Order (Last created unit) to *standard ability* (Triggering unit).

I don't see where i can insert other values, besides the preset ones.

Burningicce9

Cool Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't that just cast the base spell though...? And not all the base spells are in there, like mana burn

edit: I see that mana burn is on there. But if i want to casta mana burn that burns 1 mana per sec (in place of immol) at level 1, and 2 mana per second if the spell is level 2

Oh, and what is the condition that checks for a spells level. I can't find it anywhere!

Edit again- IF i had a 3 levle spell, could i just make 3 seperate spells that have the stats i want and make it so that whenever he gets level 2 of that spell it takes the level 1 spell away, and gives him the level 2 one (like he has spell A. When he learns spell A level 2, it replaces it with spell b). And then make a trigger for each spell?

G

GUNDAM

Burningicce9 said:
1) how do i cast a custom unit on ability. I know i can create a dummy and have it cast/use *spell* on the unit, but the only trigger i foudn its

Unit - Order (Last created unit) to *standard ability* (Triggering unit).

I don't see where i can insert other values, besides the preset ones.

Set all the values of whatever the base ability is to 0...so its doing 0 damage and 0 everything else...maybe dont use mana burn as your base ability. Try using storm hammer, set the stun to .01 and the damage for each level to 0.

Then, use triggers to create whatever effects you want to see (under the animation category i tihnk, or the special effect) anyway, also use triggers to decide how much dmg it will do etc. You'll probably need variables and stuff but Im not any goos with that so I cant help you there.

Making spells is pretty tough and that's just pretty basic. Try reading some tutorials, theyre very helpful.

AquaDragon

Cool Member
Reaction score
Um... I Had The Same Problem But Just Check The Spell That You Used ID, Thats The Spell YOu Have To Tell The Game To Cast. I Made A Spell Off Of Neutral Beastmasters Stampede. I Couldn't Find A Way To Cast It But SOmeone Told Me If They Have The Same ID, It Will Still Cast It.

Burningicce9

Cool Member
Reaction score
I have read some tutorials, and i haven't found any that help me with this particular problem. Here is the trigger

Exhale Rage
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Exhale Rage
Actions
Set MultiPoint[1] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
Unit - Create 1 Mack Exhale rage for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at MultiPoint[1] facing 0.00 degrees
Set CastingUnit[1] = (Last created unit)
Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Mana of (Triggering unit)) Less than or equal to 5.00
Then - Actions
Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)
Unit - Kill (Last created unit)
Else - Actions
Do nothing

THe exhale rage spell is supposed to Summon dummy unit with the aura, and prevent the casters movment while the spell goes on. The duration of the spell is supposed to last until the caster runs out of mana. The problem is that when i use the Pause unit function, it stops the mana drain from immolation. Also, i want the caster to be able to move to end the spell anyway. So i want to have it casts mana burn every 1 seconds, for 3 mana per second (the amount currenlty drained by immol). I would base the ability of of Tranquility, for the channeling. Could you explain to me what relevence the spell id has/what it is. I know each spell has its own uniqe id, but thats it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.