Some questions

Kershbob

Reaction score
Firstly, is there a "loses a buff" event? Or does "finishes the effects of an ability" mean that?

Secondly, I have a trigger to give abilities to units who have killed more than a few enemies; this works through custom values. The values work fine because I added a test script that displays every unit's value but the abilities are still never learnt. Here's the script:

Code:
    [B]Events[/B]
        Unit - A unit Dies
    [B]Conditions[/B]
        ((Killing unit) is A structure) Equal to False
        ((Killing unit) is A Hero) Equal to False
        (Owner of (Killing unit)) Not equal to Neutral Passive
    [B]Actions[/B]
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Custom value of (Killing unit)) Less than 20
            Then - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Custom value of (Killing unit)) Less than 10
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Set the custom value of (Killing unit) to ((Custom value of (Killing unit)) + ((Custom value of (Dying unit)) + 1))
                    Else - Actions
                        Unit - Add Battle-Worn  to (Killing unit)
                        Unit - Set the custom value of (Killing unit) to ((Custom value of (Killing unit)) + ((Custom value of (Dying unit)) + 1))
            Else - Actions
                Unit - Add Veteran  to (Killing unit)

Forgot to mention that the unit gets a higher addtion to it's custom value if the unit it is killing is more experienced.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> Firstly, is there a "loses a buff" event?

No.

> Or does "finishes the effects of an ability" mean that?

No.
Buffs wear off over time (usually), but the ability is, normally, long since gone...

Kershbob

Reaction score
So if I want something to happen when a unit loses a buff what do I do? I tried the event to be unit casts an ability and then added "wait - <duration of buff>" but that doesn't seem to work.

A

adjl

are you sure waiting the durration of the buff doesn't work? that seems like it should

mems

Memory Lapse
Reaction score
dont use wait commands in loops group actions ect.. they dont work
you may
first loop do actions that spell should do
then wait
and do what you want in a second loop

for the main trigger adding ability does not means anything for heros spetially if they has more than 1 levels, they also must learn this ability too

try making abilities with 1 level, making them unit ability ect..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.