Some Trigger questions

T

tkal

I am new to this forum, so I dont know if this is a simple question or what not. I am trying to make a trigger set that will give you gas and ore equal to the value of whatever you destroy, buildings and units alike. I have most of this done. But I have been having a problem.

Conditions
Currnet player kills at least 1 Terrain Marine
Actions
Modify score for Currnet player: Add 1 Custom
Preserve trigger

Conditions
Current player Custome score is exatly 1
Actions
Modify resources for Current player: Add 50 Ore
Modify score for Player 1: Subtract 1 Custom
Preserve tirgger.

That is an example of what I have set up. The second trigger works just fine. But the first one, if Preserve tirgger is not there, the trigger is disable itself and it will work only once. If Preserve trigger is there then it will keep adding 1 to the Custome score thus triggering the add trigger indefinatly. If any one has a solution I would be most thankful.

Ilendil

Most Respected Former Admin
Reaction score
Change the at least part of the 1st trigger to exactly, and in the 2nd trigger, at this Action:

Subtract 50 kills from current player

Marines are worth 50 "kills" which is basicly points.

T

tkal

Thanks for the input....unfourtunatly the problem still exists. And that is either the trigger works once or it gives you infinate minerals.

Having preserve trigger in there keeps the trigger alive so that it will have affect when you kill another marine. With it in we have infinate minerals. With it out the trigger works only once and then disables itself.

Just for giggles try setting up our trigger idea (me and Darkpoint are both working on this) on your box and you will see our problem.

Ilendil

Most Respected Former Admin
Reaction score
If you kill more than 1 marine at the same time, Firebats, Siege tanks, for example, you will get more then 1 marine "kill". You can try setting the subtract to set instead.

C

CmdrTydaeus

Um, Ilendil, you forgot something. The problem is that when he's killed exactly one marine, regardless of his kills score, he continues to count as having killed exactly one marine until he's killed two marines. (also, btw, marines are worth 100 pts, not 50)

The only real solution here (for approximately the intended results) is:

<HR>
CONDITIONS
Current player kills score is at least 50.

ACTIONS
Modify kills for current player: subtract 50.
Modify custom for current player: add 1 custom.
Preserve trigger.
<HR>

Drawbacks: Friends, foes, and different types of troops all count for kill points. Kill points do not take into account the actual value (resources or stats) of the unit killed, but are instead based on the unit's default values.

C

CmdrTydaeus

I did an experiment, they're 100, along with scvs, probes, and drones. I think 'lings are only 50, and broodlings are 25 or so.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.