Sound Editing Problems

T

The Light

Recently when I was tinkering around with World Editor I felt like making myself a custom character for an RPG. I wanted to give him custom sounds and that's when I ran into problems. I try importing the file and replacing the right variable and it seems to work in the editor but when I test the game the custom sounds don't work! Help would be gladly appreciated. :(

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
What are you hearing?

1) The original sounds
2) Nothing

The proper way of getting custom sounds to work is not by using the sound editor, it's by importing the sound files into your map.

Give the new sound file the same name as the old one, and import it into the exact same path that the old one was stored in (WinMPQ link is in FAQ).

The expansion pack will allow you to implement custom sounds using the sound editor.

T

The Light

If you are asking me about the in game sound that I am hearing, its the original.

Also if I import the file into my map and replace the original eg. HeroPaladinYes1 or something like that, is it going to replace it for all the maps I am going to make (so I need to make a backup) or just the map that I am working on?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Anything that you import into a map will only make changes to that map and nothing else.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.