Spawning at multiple area troubles.

S

Setherz

Hello, I'm currently trying to make a map for Brood War and I'm having major issues with triggers. (Not like I was ever truely good at them. :p)

Right now I have it set up that if player 7 controls a X'nel Naga Temple (Or w/e), he spawns 9 units every 25000 milliseconds (1.5 minutes). I haven't timed it with a stopwatch, but it seems to do it's job well enough. However, sometimes it doesn't spawn at all and waits a few minutes, and I'm not sure if it is conflicting with another trigger.

I have a second and third spawn point up for player 7 as well (He has a total of 4 spawns, but I haven't coded the last until the first two work.) As it works now, I have these 3 additional spawns reliant of a few buildings exsisting, such as the Temple, a protoss structure, a Command Center and a barracks. In total, there are 3 barracks, 3 structures, 4 CCs (2 in the middile), and the single temple. These spawns, however, only spawn every 3 minutes for some reason, even though the trigger is nearly identical to that of the spawn at the temple.

The trigger looks like this for the temple:
Accumulate(CurrentPlayer, Exactly, 0, Gas);
Bring(CurrentPlayer, Exactly, 1, Xel'Naga Temple, Temple);

CreateUnit(8, Trooper, Temple Spawn, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Leader, Temple Spawn, CurrentPlayer);
SetResources(CurrentPlayer, Add, 1000, Ore);
Wait(90000);
PreserveTrigger();
Comment("Temple Spawn 0");

This is copied from "StarForge".

The trigger for the 2nd spawn looks like this:
Bring(CurrentPlayer, Exactly, 1, Barracks, Northern Barracks);
Bring(CurrentPlayer, Exactly, 1, Camp, Northern Camp);

CreateUnit(8, Trooper, Northern Camp Spawn, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Leader, Northern Camp Spawn, CurrentPlayer);
Wait(90000);
PreserveTrigger();
Comment("Northern Camp Spawn 0");

This is when both the barracks and their camp exsists.

Bring(CurrentPlayer, Exactly, 0, Camp, Northern Camp);
Bring(CurrentPlayer, Exactly, 1, Gate, Northern Gate);

CreateUnit(8, Trooper, Northern Gate Spawn, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Leader, Northern Gate Spawn, CurrentPlayer);
Wait(90000);
PreserveTrigger();
Comment("Northern Gate Spawn 0");

This is once the camp has been destroyed and the units spawn moves from the camp to the gate.

Bring(CurrentPlayer, Exactly, 1, Xel'Naga Temple, Senate);
Bring(CurrentPlayer, Exactly, 0, Camp, Northern Camp);
Bring(CurrentPlayer, Exactly, 0, Gate, Northern Gate);

CreateUnit(8, Trooper, Northern Barracks Spawn, CurrentPlayer);
CreateUnit(1, Leader, Northern Barracks Spawn, CurrentPlayer);
Wait(90000);
PreserveTrigger();
Comment("Northern Barracks Spawn 0");

And this is when both the gate and the camp have been destroyed, and the barracks is the source of the spawn. The last 3 I posted were effecting 1 spawn point, but moving it as areas were destroyed, hence the requirements, and each one is a separate trigger. Switches may be helpful here, but I've never been good at using them.

If anyone can help, I would be very grateful. And just in case I have any further issues, player 1 has 10 camps total and will spawn roughly 7 units at each, though once his camps are destroyed, he will not have any gate or barracks to rely on to continue spawning that specific area's units. He also has a temple of sorts where his main units spawn, but I have not worked on player 1 as of yet, due to the error of player 7. Thanks for any help you give.

S

Seth_Keta

Wow, for a site completely about helping others, you guys sure lack on that department, don't you? I mean heck, even an "I don't know about your problem" would be acceptable! Come ON people!

Sargon

Reaction score
Seth_Keta said:
Wow, for a site completely about helping others, you guys sure lack on that department, don't you? I mean heck, even an "I don't know about your problem" would be acceptable! Come ON people!

This is a Staredit question. Not too many people in this community make Starcraft maps anymore, since the Warcraft III editor is a huge amount better. So don't be surprised if it takes time for an answer to a Staredit quesiton.

But on the bright side, at least your topic probably won't fall off the first page.

S

SA_Max71

Seth_Keta said:
In case you haven't noticed (although I think you have), these forums are pretty inactive. I can try to help you, but... (read what I tell sergo please, or skip to the bottom of this post).

Sergo: although I don't know what how many warcraft maps are out there right now since I don't own a legal copy of warcraft, I know a LOT of starcraft maps are still being made. I also know there are forums that have something to do with starcraft and they have 3,000+ members. Although I have all but quit playing starcraft, I can tell you that www.staredit.net is the best place to ask for help with making starcraft maps. There is at least 20 people active in the map making assistance forum on there. Unless you are spamming, it is very unusual for it to take more than 24 hours for your questions about making starcraft maps to be answered.

Whoever you are that was asking for help: register yourself on www.staredit.net , enter the map making assitance forum, and then ask for help there. I can garent that someone will respond to your post within 24 hours.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.