Special effect on impact

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am having a problem with special effects. I want a special effect to play at the moment a unit's attack hits the target. I have already tried the standard Unit - A unit is attacked trigger, but then the special effect plays at the moment the attacking unit fires, not at the moment the attacked unit is actually hit. Does anybody here know how to trigger the special effect to play on impact?

Thanks in advance,

Grurf

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
The only thing that I can think of is adding a wait action to your trigger for about .30 seconds. That should give you the same effect. There might be an easier way but I don't know it.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
I have already tried the standard Unit - A unit is attacked trigger, but then the special effect plays at the moment the attacking unit fires, not at the moment the attacked unit is actually hit.

Don't you just hate that?!?! I suspect its either a bad bug, or the event has not been worded correctly (i.e. it should say "a unit attacks an object")

And its a pity the event "a unit takes damage" only applies to specific units.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
I have that problem too. However, it only affects the game on single-player (when I test it), and it's meant to be a multiplayer map, so I ignore it. As I said before though, I suggest a wait action.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.