special effect timer.

akuzaid93

Reaction score
how can i create a special effect(from buff model) that occupies a certain AOE and last for a certain time?
the effect is attached to a unit.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Just create it using the buff? Create special effect at point using your effect? If you can destroy it instantly do it, otherwise you can use timers.

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
Im with skyblader, using buffs is the easiest way and it's got a built in timer but other then that you'd have to trigger it

akuzaid93

Reaction score
I use Death and Decay buff. when the trigger is run, only one were shown(overhead). I want to make them just like Death and Decay but it follows the unit.

skyblader

Reaction score
Untitled Trigger 004
Events
Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of your unit using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathandDecay\DeathandDecayDamage.mdl
Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

TomTTT

Reaction score
What do you mean? Aoe effect or unit?

I think he means around a certain unit. I would just base it on immolation or something, and change it's targets and area of effect, change the buff and cause whatever you want to all units with that buff. But if not,
Events
Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Set tmpPoint = (Position of (Your Unit))
Set tmpUnitGroup = (All units within RANGE of tmpPoint matching ((Matched unit) not equal to Your Unit))
Unit Group - Pick every unit in tmpUnitGroup and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathandDecay\DeathandDecayDamage.mdl
Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
Custom Script - call RemoveLocation(udg_tmpPoint)
Custom Script - call DestroyGroup(udg_tmpUnitGroup)

akuzaid93

Reaction score
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using

If I'm not mistaken, this action will only be executed when a unit is picked which means there will be no effect if no unit is picked. what if I want to make the effect exactly like Death and Decay. this is so annoying.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I for one do not understand what you want to do. Could you please carefully explain what should be happening and what this effect would look like? The more details you can add, the better. Thanks.

akuzaid93

Reaction score
the ability will create an effect exactly like Death and Decay when casted. the only difference between this ability and Death and Decay is that the effect follows the triggering unit.

I'm so sorry if i make it too confusing.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Unless I'm much mistaken, the effect already follows the unit when that ability is cast. The effect is attached to the affected unit until the spell expires.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
I think as previously suggested it's better to use a buff, because they expire on their own.

skyblader

Reaction score
I think I understand what he means after trying it out. The effect expires on its own before the buff ends, but it does attach to the unit. You can try setting the unit to a variable when he casts the ability, or target of ability being cast, and then create the special effect attached to the unit every interval.

skyblader

Reaction score
It follows the unit when the buff is used in an ability, so it does attach, I believe he used the wrong term. I'm saying this because I've tried it myself.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.